Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Constructive Criticism please! :)

Started by Capped [2032742] on in Graphics.

20 replies · 195 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 21 / 21 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
21
Discussion span
→
Authority score
34 / 100
Historical score
13 / 100
Story score
34 / 100
Engagement score
60 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Capped [2032742]

Okay, so this is my first attempt at a tag ever, and I thought it looked semi-cool so I just thought I'd post it here and get some opinions on it.

[image: i.imgur.com]



Thanks in advance, BTW don't hold back to spare my feelings, I need genuine criticism :)
Michi [1922819]

It needs more depth, I feel like you made it B&W just for everything to blend better, what ever this- Link- it needs to be cropped out
Michi [1922819]

Just play around with Blur and size. The further back something is the more blurry or the smaller it is. If something is really close up it can also be a bit blurry but larger. For this prob best blurring a bit at the top left corner and bottom right
Artist [776403]

Slightly better but still not executed correctly, You shouldn't blur the entire image, just the layers that make up the furthest away part of the tag, this avoids any unnecessary or unwanted blurring.

Also the top of your renders head is cut off, either move him up or crop the image down to line up with the top of his head.
cl3ric0l [569400]

then start to think about lighting....where is your render/focal lightest? where should the light source be to correspond with this.
Capped [2032742]

THATS WHAT I FORGOT!! I was trying to find out how to make like a light thing but I forgot. Don't you have to use the brush tool or something?
Artist [776403]

It's not the only way, its also not the best way, but as a start its fine. Do a large white soft brush, and brush it off canvas around the middle top part of the tag. I would do an example but I'm in work right now.
Grif [882958]

[image: s24.postimg.org]

mainly comments that are the same as others, there are a few ways to make light dynamics, soft white brush, lighting effects, dodge and burn tools. as artist says soft white brushes are compared to the rest, at getting a hang of. ive done some arrows for the general light thats on the render to show you

as stated the top of your render is chopped, so removing that much of the sig would solve that part

some parts of your render are blurred which looks to be the foreground of your sig, is your focal so most of the time you dont want the focal blurred(some exceptions apply) and in this case he should be in focus

as for the text part i'd try the text there, might look good, could look crap, just to see what its like, and having a we play



overall, pretty good attempt for a first sig, did you follow a tutorial or just go off the cuff and have a wee play around ? either way these are my few points, im quite rusty, and as ive stated before im not the greatest sigmaker, i kind of play about with concepts and see what i can get to look nice but i hope my little paint arrows help.

I