Greetings all,
next week, I will be taking over a class from another teacher who has left our institution. Topic at hand: quantitative statistics.
Students already dread everything to do with research, and statistics is a HUGE fear of most. In the first lesson, it is my intention to introduce them to the concept of the learning pit (https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-drleLXFA3RM/VwTX1PgHhJI/AAAAAAAAAKU/FeBoG7dzJ7UWQvo46ZdPwTBt8b5Eg-IDw/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2016-04-06%2Bat%2B9.32.38%2BPM.png)
Basically, I want to tell them that they will feel some worries, but that this is the normal process. And it is my goal to get them into the pit.
For this I want to introduce a powerpoint sheet, which contains that well known image of 300 with my face photoshopped into it.
You know, this one (only better quality):
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/I5HbiwvhSGc/maxresdefault.jpg
The photoshop should not be TOO well done. I want it to look somewhat amateuristic, so that the point gets across a bit better.
Please mail me if you could do this.
Disclaimer: image will be used outside of Torn. This means that (in accordance to the rules regarding RMT) you will NOT receive any payment and or items for your service. You will, however, gain the warm and fuzzy feeling knowing you are contributing to the learning process of a large group of students who've -in some cases- already given up on the subject before they even started it.