18 replies · 399 views · thread synced · 7 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
19
Discussion span
→
People posting
14
Likes on archived posts
31
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
65 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
38 / 100
Engagement score
65 / 100
Most-liked replies
_chem_[1563587]
· 6 likes · Balanced is the best, but generally I keep my stats such that I can have two Special Gyms open at once. So I am not exactly balanced but I have the special Defense-only gym and the Str + Speed gym …
DisabledKitten[1968984]
· 5 likes · this system balanced is king apparently, so 25/25/25/25
mug[553318]Committee
· 3 likes · i'd say go by feel of what you need if you miss too much train more speed, dont do enough damage train more strength. get your ass kicked too easily train more defense and dex. everyone claims balanced is the …
How do people feel about battle stats? What I want to know or find out is.. it there a certain way they should look like in percent or is there no "rule" what so ever what they look like? Anyone? Thoughts or meanings?
Balanced stats are the best overal build, you can easily use it to fight all kinds of builds using different kinds of temporary weapons, attachements etc.
Other builds also exist, however these are often far more situational and wont give you much advantages in the grand scheme of things.
i'd say go by feel of what you need if you miss too much train more speed, dont do enough damage train more strength. get your ass kicked too easily train more defense and dex.
everyone claims balanced is the best, but those same players get shit on by unbalanced stat whores so i say train the way you want - if you want to put 50% of your training into one stat that you love go for it - but train what you need as well as i mentioned earlier.
Agreed, I'm far from balanced and I'll **** with someone with higher stats balanced or not. Temporary items make a world of difference if you know how to use them.
Similar to what Harley said, you can also use passives and temp weapons (and mods and special ammo) to make an unbalanced build fight like it's balanced, and an unbalanced build can train the fastest ... So do what you want but yes for the most flexibility a balanced base can fight against anyone.
i have been more defensive that last year or so it does help draw out more battles being more of a def/dex whore but currently looking to even out my stats. because i look to defend more than attack i wanted to go this way but all i really get is a more drawn out fight when attacked i get more of a it takes 10 hits to beat me but they still win and i do minimal damage im looking to reverse my stats and try look more aggressive and do more in a fight since im not doing so well im hoping to aim for more damage and frequent hits.
dont get me wrong all 4 stats are capped so it will be a easy fix but for the people who train more for attacking with similar total stats they win fairly easily so the way i see it we need a balanced set of stats to create a mixture of dodging a few hits, absorbing a few hits,making a few hits and doing good damage with those few hits. thats the way im going to go for now. =)
Thanks to everyone for answering. I am just as smart as I was ;)
Some answers makes more sense to me though, cause.. ok.. 25/25/25/25 sounds good. But if you are attacking a lot and know how to use weapons and so on.. being better with some stats makes more sense than being balanced (I guess). I am not balanced at all, and I try to use weapons that are good for my stats. But.. I can still lose to a player that has a lot lower level than me.
I think my understanding or conclusion of this is that there is no rule or "recipe". It all depends on how you play, weapons you use and so on.
WhiteHart attacked and hospitalized you [view] 2017/02/01 8:13:52 PM WhiteHart attacked you, you stalemated [view] 2017/02/01 8:10:08 PM WhiteHart attacked you, you stalemated [
You never waited out my smokes even tho I threw the 1st round everything fight. You could've waited for mine to fade And threw your own. Would've made you win 1st try. And since you can no longer fly or self jail it wouldn't have hurt to wait.
Guessing you left your def to rot And whored str while training dex/spd a decent amount
Level has nothing to do with anything. I think Broly is still level 16 and will kick most people's asses, though I would tell him to hit that upgrade button and take advantage of the 5th stat, life points. If you are having trouble landing a hit try a weapon with higher accuracy and pair it with a melatonin, if you can't land a hit that way, then id just log out and play some Tetris.