20 replies · 264 views · thread synced · 7 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:21 / 21 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
21
Discussion span
→
Authority score
61 / 100
Historical score
45 / 100
Story score
53 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
McNeo[864688]
· 2 likes · One of my users reported the same thing to me - I'm glad this one isn't my problem :D Not that this is coming from the personal events of the faction leader - not the faction news - so the …
Chedburn[1]Admin
· 2 likes · I believe this is a problem with your scripts (not using UTF-8?). Everything is working fine on our end. The only solution I can make here is to force faction names to use plain characters only.
Jeggy[1526723]
· 2 likes · [image: jebster.net] Here you can see it in raw data. I really think it is on your end, but if removing the ability to have a faction name like that is the solution, I'd rather have the bug and use …
When I'm doing a API Call to "https://api.torn.com/faction/?selections=mainnewsfull&key=MyKey" I get null in mainnews.news when the faction name contains special characters, like in this specific news it's this "Ordnance Mafia declared war on Phoenix Rising."
One of my users reported the same thing to me - I'm glad this one isn't my problem :D
Not that this is coming from the personal events of the faction leader - not the faction news - so the same issue appears to be in multiple sections of the api
I'm never getting that? I have tried looking at the raw data within Postman. But a simple if statement fixes it in my code. Don't wanna remove a nice feature like that from Torn
Here you can see it in raw data. I really think it is on your end, but if removing the ability to have a faction name like that is the solution, I'd rather have the bug and use a IF statement in my code.
And I don't know what more Info you guys want. This has been marked as "Info Required" and "Confirmed" multiple times [:tongue:]
30/06/163:03:41 PMJUX HQ declared war on HT. You are contesting for their rank of #27.
From the API: "191350978": { "timestamp": 1467299030, "news": "<a class="t-red bold" href = "http://www.torn.com/factions.php?step=profile&ID=8989">JUX HQ</a> declared war on <a class="t-red bold" href = "http://www.torn.com/factions.php?step=profile&ID=9100">ArmyOfDarkness Recruiting</a>. You are contesting for their rank of #22." }, "191350968": { "timestamp": 1467299021, "news": null },
This is directly from the api.torn.com site: ...... "183278493": { "timestamp": 1456073390, "news": "A 7 day NAP has been accepted between <a href=http://www.torn.com/factions.php?step=profile&ID=11522>Phoenix Rising</a> & <a href=http://www.torn.com/factions.php?step=profile&ID=8981>Ordnance Mafia</a>" }, ..... I can see that you removed the 'Trademark' text, but now it's using < and > You probably used some escaping function?
And here's an example of how it looks in my script: [image: jebster.net] I donated 5 points and it didn't find it in the text as it couldn't find '>'