I've never received chocolates or love on Valentine's day.. every year I watched on in front of my computer as couples young and old make romance with their soulmates.. ( >_>) I was born in November so I suspect even my parents had something to do on their valentine's day! So here I am again, playing torn, minding my own business, watching po.. umm I mean Pocahontas.. when duke made a surprise post about loan increases and thought I can finally be happy at least once in my life on this godforsaken day.. and sent him 10,000,000 $, which was my honest hard day work.
Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, No escape from reality.
Open your eyes, Look up to the skies and see, I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy, Because I'm easy come, easy go, Little high, little low, Any way the wind blows doesn't really matter to me, to me.
Mama, just killed a man, Put a gun against his head, Pulled my trigger, now he's dead. Mama, life had just begun, But now I've gone and thrown it all away.
Mama, ooh, Didn't mean to make you cry, If I'm not back again this time tomorrow, Carry on, carry on as if nothing really matters.
Too late, my time has come, Sends shivers down my spine, Body's aching all the time. Goodbye, everybody, I've got to go, Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth.
Mama, ooh (any way the wind blows), I don't wanna die, I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all.
I see a little silhouetto of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the Fandango? Thunderbolt and lightning, Very, very frightening me. (Galileo) Galileo. (Galileo) Galileo, Galileo Figaro Magnifico-o-o-o-o.
I'm just a poor boy, nobody loves me. He's just a poor boy from a poor family, Spare him his life from this monstrosity.
Easy come, easy go, will you let me go? Bismillah! No, we will not let you go. (Let him go!) Bismillah! We will not let you go. (Let him go!) Bismillah! We will not let you go. (Let me go!) Will not let you go. (Let me go!) Never, never let you go Never let me go, oh. No, no, no, no, no, no, no. Oh, mama mia, mama mia (Mama mia, let me go.) Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me, for me, for me.
So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye? So you think you can love me and leave me to die? Oh, baby, can't do this to me, baby, Just gotta get out, just gotta get right outta here.
(Ooooh, ooh yeah, ooh yeah)
Nothing really matters, Anyone can see, Nothing really matters, Nothing really matters to me.
I worked in a hotel for a couple years as the room service guy and i had given my two weeks notice as I had gotten egaged very recently and was changing jobs.
room service was kind of a shleppy job with ok tips but mostly just bringing sad dinners to lonely business travellers. Nothing porn worthy ever.
i'd gotten engaged maybe a couple days before but had to work the evening shift on valentines which kinda sucked for obvious reasons. I should take a moment to point out a couple things:
1) I did not live an exciting life
2) I am not a good lookin dood
3) my sex life to that point had been predominantly Kleenex based
Anyhoo, the evening starts to wind down, I've got an hour left on my shift or so and go to deliver an order to a room. Inside is a reasonably pretty stewardess from one of the out of country airlines and she's happy drunk and hardly dressed and chatty. This is not new or unique and always leads to pleasant banter and no tip, but I've done this enough to know it so I know to expect nothing.
But the second happy drunk and punky stewardess coming into the room saying "oh great you ordered something" as she closes the door IS something new. I should take a moment to point out a couple things:
1) I did not live an exciting life
2) I am not a good looking dood
3) I'm about as sophisticated as I am rich, which is to say not at all.
so anyway, they're flirty, I'm praying not to pitch a tent before getting out of the room before the pinky one cuts to the chase: a Valentine's Day three way was the order.
i have rarely been as sad as I was at that moment in my life as I knew a few truths. Namely that the odds of something like that happening to me without me preordering it online and paying hard earned money were, to that moment in time, virtually nil. I also knew the odds of it happening after that point were even worse. Worse still, I loved the lady I was engaged to. It was awful.
to their visible shock I declined. We all knew I was way out of my league. I got a slightly ok tip and sulked out of the room mumbling something about having to get new sternos for the chaffing dishes.
in a bout of good customer service I let the security guard, Kyle, an aspiring cop, know about the situation and informed him it might be a security concern. Kyle agreed.
i would learn that Kyle benefited greatly from my assistance and that the airline girls had figured I was gay or flaccid or both. A rumour Kyle enjoyed immensely and shared as liberally as possible.
i got home late to find a fast asleep fiancé and a voicemail from my mom.
Valentines day is a day of PAIN, Duke. Horrible horrible pain.
Nothing worse than starting your period on valentines day. Oh my husband is in for a bloody treat when he gets home. Poor guy. My bloody valentine.
Btw, my rl husband is also my Torn spouse in case anyone wants to send their condolences to him. Its going to look like a massacre took place when this night is over ;-)
I know more about the history of Valentines than the contemporary practise of the holiday...that's pretty depressing. Its also my mother's birthday, that's depressing. Also I always have violent night terrors the night before Valentines including last night.
Chumpions valentines story is fairy depressing, even I feel for the little scruff
after he received only one card this morning In the mail, he quickly realised that although it had his address written on the envelope, there was no stamp, this got him wondering, does his valentine know his home address, excitedly he ran to show his mum only to find she had gone to work already
he saw a note on the kitchen table 'gone to work, please put washing in as you have no clean socks again, use extra softener as your socks seem especially crusty today', it was then he realised that the hand writing matched his valentines card
Not only did he have no clean socks to cream in, his valentine was his mummy!
You know what Torn population? That Bobby she talked about? She was talking about me. You see.. We both went to Primary school 329 in Brooklyn, NY. It was a ok school by public school standards, a mixed bag of races. Rainbow was pretty nice to me even though she usually hanged out with he girls while i was kind of an outsiders.
So Valentine Day came around and everyone decorated their mailbox and stuff which I hated. But the candy was great:) She looked pretty and I guess it was because I had no friends and no one else to hang out with... so I followed her home. I remember the next few moments vividly, she noticed me following her and looked kinda scared. I was about to come up to her and ask whats wrong when she started to scream and ran off. Her Brother came out and told me to leave, immediately.
When I went back to school the next day the principal told me to come to his office. I didn't understand much. Now looking back I kinda regret my mistake and hope she will forgive me. It was stupid and affected me the rest of my life.