Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Special Ammo

Started by kuber [842391] on in Questions & Answers.

15 replies · 264 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
16
Discussion span
→
People posting
11
Likes on archived posts
17
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
66 / 100
Historical score
36 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
61 / 100

Most-liked replies

AshleyT [1432316]

None of them are worth it with the current system the way it is, but this is good to know if I ever decide to dabble in the ammo types. Until more missions are available, increasing potential credits, or the cost becomes available in actual money, there won't be much point to them.
Sithl0rd [475459]

Does anyone have a BB of BAG and has the lowdown on all the specialist ammo? Most importantly which are potentially worth purchasing with mission credits, if any, or if any of the special types justify the billion+ BAG is riding at currently?



Edit: Sorry, neglected to look at the age of the thread. The forum has many search returns for variants of ammo, this one looked appropriate..other than bumping a three week old thread!
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

Hollow point can actually do less damage than standard bullets against high armoured players as it has less piercing ability
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

They're worth it very much, especiallly tracer ammo, the increased accuracy buff is a huge advantage against people with high dexterity..
AshleyT [1432316]

The boosts to actual efficiency is actually significantly lower than just saving your credits to get a mod that does the same thing, especially as most weapons spit out ammunition at high rates of fire.

They are more for just pushing your fighting ability just enough to take on opponents.
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

No they're not? I've bought tracer ammo at every occasion I've had and have some of the best mods out there, added to that I also bought some books too with mission credits... So to me it seems like we get enough mission credits as is...


AshleyT [1432316]

I dunno what you're living on credits wise but I still haven't had the credits available to move to a tier 2 mod.

I'm looking forward to more missions being available for us to do.
Tor [162798]

You get special ammo in gun shop company too...

I like Tracer, Incendiary, and also piercing! Hollow point only work good when shooting at someone without armour. Piercing is great to penetrate armour. And everyone use armour now. Might change with updates. I just know I will be saving up for later :)