I've recently played the 10 hour trial on ea access and personally i don't understand all the negative reviews its gotten. I really liked what I've played thus far!
What are your thoughts on the game?
looks worse than 360 ME. XD
EA access is terrible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDjci1ODoBs
(Downgrades intensifies)
It's alright. It has quite a few bugs to be worked out. The graphics don't really bother me too much. However, the audio quality ruins most of the interactions. Sometimes it is out of sync, sometimes there's a pause where there shouldn't be (for example one character will interrupt another but with two seconds of silence before they do), sometimes two conversations will happen over the top of each other making both of them inaudible.
There's also the constant updates from your AI that can make you want to mute the TV completely. While travelling between heat lamps on the icy planet of Voeld, there's a lot of:
"My readings indicate that it is cold"
"My readings indicate that it is warm"
"My readings indicate that it is cold"
"My readings indicate that it is warm"
"My readings indicate that it is cold"
"My readings indicate that it is warm"
"My readings indicate that..."
These might sound like petty annoyances but this can be the difference between an epic RPG and an RPG that is too long to finish.
If you're a fan of the franchise and want to play it anyway, go for it. You'll enjoy it. I'd recommend waiting a few months until more patches have been added. Buy The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt while you wait if you haven't played it before.
If you played it for 10 hours, then you've played it for 100 hours. Nothing really changes. For me the story and script we're just disappointing, I'm a huge ME fan but this one fell short....just like Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel.
None the less, I still beat it and played roughly 40 hours, had some fun...haven't looked back.