Someone I know has one and I loved it. Who has one and what do you reckon re pros and cons? Wait for next gen, or just go for it and get one? I'm surely relatively late to the table with technology, ie waited for 2nd gen ipad, etc
Amazon Echo
Started by McDallas [14757] on in Technology.
About this thread
Posts archived: 23 / 23 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 23
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 8 / 100
- Historical score
- 16 / 100
- Story score
- 34 / 100
- Engagement score
- 56 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Someone I know has one and I loved it. Who has one and what do you reckon re pros and cons? Wait for next gen, or just go for it and get one? I'm surely relatively late to the table with technology, ie waited for 2nd gen ipad, etc
You're one of the reasons Samsung was sued by Apple. Bitch.
:)
Huh???
Samsungs Galaxy series was far superior to the iPods And Apple sued them and Samsung had to stop making them. F Apple.
http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/apple-vs-samsung-supreme-court/
Erm ok.
So what are your thoughts on the Amazon Echo (and fam)?
I don't know. I haven't had a look yet. I am an Amazon Prime member and it's worth every bit I pay.
I'll get back to you on the Echo. It's bed time for me.
I don't have an Echo, but saw 5 replies wanted to see what other think. I'm totally confused on what happened here LOL
Equally baffled what all that was.
Are you thinking about getting one as well? I'm keen.
Please don't. I can google myself and I've done the research. Being an Amazon prime member does not make you an authority to pass judgement on the Echo, so I'd rather you not waste my time.
I'm interested in hearing from people who actually own one.
I didn't pass judgement you fn moron. STFU.
As far as me being an Amazon Prime member I could probably get it for cheaper than you can and I most likely will get it just to check it out, not like it and sell it for half the price I paid for it. ****.
amazonloyaltyedit: Buy it, buy 2 of them. You won't ever regret the wisest choice in quality electronic technology! I bought 5!
Personally, I would just get a nicer bluetooth speaker for the same price, hook up your phone (or whatever you play music from) and you have higher sound quality and no annoying digital assistant.
It's the digital assistant I'm interested in. I have phone. I have speakers. Don't need more of that.
oh, I see. Unless you have an older phone, it would have a digital assistant right? If it is an Apple, just turn on hey siri, hook it up to the speaker and you have something similar.
Not the same.
I see what you mean, most people wouldnt do it that way. That is just how I would do it because I like putting things together and reusing old electronics and that kind of thing. Based on what you have said, it seems like you want it, so get it.
I do. Very much so. I just don't have the money right now, so I'm entertaining myself until I have the funds.
I do own an ipad, but I don't usually carry it with me and I'm not big on Siri. My phone is a Samsung, and as much as I love it, I don't want to have to use my phone for it.
I'm looking forward to trying out and playing with the Echo as soon as I can. :)
Get a job or re-evaluate your spending habits.
Woohoo, ordered it and it's arriving today. That's my evening planned!
I have an echo and find it pretty useful now that it can read my office 365 calendar - also now have subscribed to Amazon Prime music and it's good for just asking for playlists, though the music platform isn't as good as spotify. This is the quality is pretty poor but high-powered with the Bose Sound link mini which solves the problem. Also could the weather is before I step outside
Yeah I like the calendar, weather and music. I'm content with the music included in my prime membership so haven't upgraded to unlimited.
It doesn't do search very well and I would defo prefer google over bing. Also would prefer if it could link to googlemaps for traffic and have more than one destination.
There's still some issue with it understanding everything I say, but I expect that will improve as I add recordings.
The skills are so so and I have yet to IFTT my own, but will look into that at the weekend.
Good stuff.