Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Blackjack

Started by GamerJed [2037065] on in Gambling.

19 replies · 237 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
20
Discussion span
→
People posting
10
Likes on archived posts
10
Authority score
37 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
46 / 100
Engagement score
60 / 100

Most-liked replies

GamerJed [2037065]

I've been playing Blackjack for quite a while, now, and I've realized something.

Say you get two cards with the value of twelve (Imagine getting a Queen and a two). Obviously, you'd want another card. But it seems like every time you do this, you get a 10, Queen, King, or Jack. Now, I can't prove this, as I've never seen the code for this game, but it does this most of, if not all the time. Does anyone else experience this?

The Casino has some 'splainin to do.
Jackerybean [1994422]

statistically you are always more likely to get a card worth 10 than any other card as there are 16 of those and only 4 cards worth any other number, it is strange but not unthinkable.
GamerJed [2037065]

Whenever you get cards with the value of 12, you ALWAYS get another card with a value of 10. ALWAYS. I might be exaggerating, but it still happens, like, 99.99999999999999999999999999% of the time.
Jackerybean [1994422]

Ah, okay, I get you now. I agree that it happens a lot, you are exaggerating though, and it is a bit too convenient, maybe the coding is set up to be more likely to do that just to be frustrating, I wouldn't know though, I haven't seen the code.
MasterJego [892203]

Blackjacks rigged, I've made and lost a lot on it. Been playing blackjack for around 15 years and I don't care who tries to disagree with my statement lol. Like you said yourself, you get a 12, you better not hit or it will be a 10 point card.
mywo [1880491]

You can prove this beyond any reasonable doubt statistically if you wanted to. You get me a large amount of 12 point hands with the result of a hit on it and ill crank the math to tell you if there is any statistical significance.
mywo [1880491]

Your actually more likely to get a hand that doesnt make you bust which is what the op is saying. If everything is on the up and up you should only bust about 31% of the time when hitting on a 12.
Jackerybean [1994422]

Yeah, I meant it is a 4/14 chance that you will get ten where every other number is 1/14. I've already said above that it does seem too convenient and quite strange that it happens so often but it could just be dumb luck or it could be the code and I have no way of proving that either way.
mywo [1880491]

Like I said in my post with a large enough data size you can prove it beyond any real uncertainty with statistical analysis. Just takes someone willing to collect the data.
Jackerybean [1994422]

I hadn't read that post but I agree, I didn't say that no-one could ever prove it I said I couldn't, which I can't and really can't be bothered to.
dunmugmeh [538353]

Dont play blackjack. I have seen a lot of people quit the game because of it. I warn them not to play it but they play it anyway because they know better. Then they quit.

We arent talking 10 or 20 players here we are talking hundreds of them. As a big trader i meet a lot of players in this game, budding little trading moguls losing it all to blackjack and then quitting.

People resort to scamming and cheating because of it as well. If you play big on it everyday then it eats your play money.

I have seen the same happening with slots as well to a lesser extent.
GamerJed [2037065]

I know, I lost it all playing Blackjack 3 times before I could make a limit on how much money I can lose. I also play a lot more safely, only betting 1,000 or 2,000, and trying not to double my money too much when I lose. These days, I usually just use the casino when I'm low on energy, or I don't have anything to do.
Mikey_Myers [1869381]

I actually just started playing blackjack and I can already see how people can keep playing it for that "big payout". I do like getting five card Charlie's and all that, but I hate it when I bust from a low number by getting a high point card, or the house having a number just above mine. It's like the saying goes : House always wins. Which is why I've been doing it when I'm bored for just 50k or below.