I don't want to discriminate... but I prefer WHITE eggs...
Easter Egg Competition!
Started by PhaNToM [1503918] on in General Discussion.
Posts archived: 141 / 141 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
I don't want to discriminate... but I prefer WHITE eggs...
After 5 years, it looks like people finally figured out how profitable it (was) to buy Easter eggs for low prices in like February and sell them for 3X their value on April 5th every year. Sales volume was about about the same for me this year, but i had to engage in a hell of a price war to manage that. Four years ago, I didn't even flinch undercutting other sellers because the margins were so damn high- Ive literally sold black eggs for $1,000,000 and white for $40,000,000 in previous years. I probably barely returned $50,000,000 in total profit this year due to the way lower initial price spikes. Eggs are only 300k on the opening day. Never thought I'd see that. I think I'll hold off on buying next year unless they're like 50k in February.
back to 99% you scrubs go :)
SWEET! I didn't realise this had started, logged on while travelling to China and found an egg on my plane! Now I probably won't find one for another 6 or so days......
I found a pink one... That's 3...
is there a way to make the eggs spawn more
cause ive only gotten 1 and i missed another thinking it was something on my screen
once this competition is done, i see eggs freaking everywhere [:tired:]
nothing you can do to make them spawn more, be active and look everywhere on the pages, click every pages you can on the ste.
Why are white eggs worth several times more than gold eggs? Gold eggs are obtained by combining all the other colours, including white... That makes no economic sense whatsoever.
Can I take that to mean I can buy eggs to fill out my set? Does it also count towards the token competition bit?
I already picked 4 of them...but still hoping for the White one :-D
Found 3 so far.
Found 4 :)
You've got to stop sleeping with Ched, mate xP
It makes perfect sense. The white one is more difficult to find so most people need it to round out their set (so low supply and high demand equals high price). On the other hand, most people only want a complete set for the merit and the points, so once you have those the gold egg is not desirable anymore (low demand, high supply). So from an economic perspective the prices make perfect sense.
But why spend 17m on the last ingredient egg (white) when you can spend 2m on the whole thing (gold)? Sure, your other ingredient eggs will be "wasted", but so what? You saved 15m AND have all your other eggs.
Because if you redeem all the eggs you get a gold egg along with a merit and points. If you buy it then you just get the egg.
The main objective isn't the Golden Egg..... its the merit you get when you exchange a set of the other eggs for it.
Simply buying the Golden egg does not get you the merit.
Do you have to wait some time until you can find another egg, or you can find 2 in short period of time?
are eggs individual? if i find one, is that one less for you guys to find? or do the eggs appear randomly for each of us regardless what everyone else is finding?