Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Easter and Karma

Started by Heigw [1962062] on in General Discussion.

22 replies · 407 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 23 / 23 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
23
Discussion span
→
Authority score
52 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
56 / 100
Engagement score
65 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Heigw [1962062]

I've made about 500 posts on the Torn forums. Up until now I had just barely over 100 karma. Easter isn't even over yet and I already have 150 karma. If it keeps going this way I will have 250 karma by the end of this Easter! It's not just me either, every post I see that was made during Easter has one, two, three sometimes more up-votes.

It could be because there are more people here for the Easter eggs. They are quite valuable and many people will want them. Another idea is that they are on some sort of Spring break. No one has anything better to do so they decide to play torn. It might not be that there are more people, it could be that more of the people already playing torn are using the forums. They think that they can maybe find some eggs if they look through the forum.

It could just be that people are nicer during Easter or something I don't know! What do you guys think?
themainman [1629262]

karma is gained by posting either valuable content, making people laugh, or just having a good discussion where people agree with your points not so hard really...sometimes people might even pay for karma...

just be active and post more youll see your kerma soar then
Lewis [1312721]



You post in a lot of the game threads, which is why you would have high PC to karma rating, well done on hitting 150 though :).

I feel like you shouldn't highlight things like this though, some people are just toxic enough to R- you or avoid rating you at all.

If you've gained a ton of karma, you're probably contributing stuff that people enjoy, so keep at it.

R+ [:sick:]
JustJanet [911066]

hmm... this thread is currently not upvoted nor downvoted. You said R+ but then didn't upvote the guy! :( What's up with that?
Cable [507439]

Karma can go both up and down though, so posting everywhere won't necessarily increase it. Theres a possibility of more people being online due to holidays and playing torn, or more people actively checking the forums at this time for easter-related info, which affect overall karma.
Mudbottom [1879891] Wiki Contributor

Trickle down economics or karma wealth redistribution depending on how you identify politically.

Champion's daily karma rake didn't just disappear.
JustJanet [911066]

I don;t think he was karma farming. I think he just noticed a trend and shared his thoughts on it. It's just unfortunate that there are a lot of people who like to jump to conclusions. If I R- everytime someone posted something I thought was worthy of minusing I'd be doing it all the time. So I don't instead I save it for when I feel the person really deserves it. I'm pretty generous with my plusses though. IF you make me smile I usually reward it.