been around for over 11 years, scammers just promote bad people ive lost so much to this crap, it doesnt help the game at all whoever thought to make scamming legal in a game needs to be shot. people like me are just to nice sometimes and its thrown back in our faces if you want people like that in your game you crack on ive had a guts full. make it bannable.
MAKE SCAMMING BANNABLE
Started by Hollowcry [271529] on in Suggestions.
About this thread
Posts archived: 59 / 59 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 59
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 50 / 100
- Historical score
- 29 / 100
- Story score
- 55 / 100
- Engagement score
- 71 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Sweeney_Todd [27468]
· 12 likes ·
It takes up to much of staffs time to deal with people who can't be bothered to think before they trade and take their time... [:sick:] - Nightmare [1637448]
· 11 likes ·
I think it should stay legal just in case I want to turn evil someday. - Prophet_Jonas [1995840]
· 7 likes ·
Here's what I think on this... Scamming should be made illegal.... BUT the burden of proof that it was a scam is on the victim to prove that it was not just a dumb trade or mistype by the victim, …
been around for over 11 years, scammers just promote bad people ive lost so much to this crap, it doesnt help the game at all whoever thought to make scamming legal in a game needs to be shot. people like me are just to nice sometimes and its thrown back in our faces if you want people like that in your game you crack on ive had a guts full. make it bannable.
It takes up to much of staffs time to deal with people who can't be bothered to think before they trade and take their time... [:sick:]
Game based on people being terrible...scamming makes some terrible people...well, not much to fix now is there? I hate scamming as much as the next guy, but it's also avoidable.
you think you just need to trade to be scammed, nope theres loads of ways ive just never known anywhere where its ok to steal basically its fk'd up.
to a point its avoidable some people just see it and take it with no comebacks at all, its like us robbing a bank and the police says thats ok no worries.
Well in this game police pretty much do that anyways...do we even have police? Anyways you get my point, people have the right to be peices of shit, and to be shamed and judged accordingly.
I think it should stay legal just in case I want to turn evil someday.
your hilarious.
Yes there are nerds everywhere in this game. It sounds like you have been scammed multiple times that sounds sad.
If you hand your stuff over someone its gone if they are a nerd. Just dont hand over your stuff to anyone.
If a nerd calls you buddy 10 times that doesnt mean he isnt a nerd he just wants your stuff for free.
You should just click ignore on all of them.
I meant that in all seriousness to be honest. I've been playing this game almost 5 years and have barely had a taste of it. I will most likely stay on the side of good for another 5 years, maybe longer if its still exciting. If not I shall become a trade mugger, bounty slinger, bazaar mugger, faction scammer and I'll join Relentless
Here's what I think on this... Scamming should be made illegal.... BUT the burden of proof that it was a scam is on the victim to prove that it was not just a dumb trade or mistype by the victim, etc.
Actually what would be pretty cool would be a "courthouse" feature, where one player can sue another player... maybe pay a court fee of some sort... and be judged by a panel of Torn citizens that have to serve jury duty.... Maybe I'll make my own suggestion after I give this some thought....... haha
i can prove it quite easily .. i rarely trade dont need to.
I disagree, Though I do not like Scammers, It ultimately ends up being your fault if you are scammed.
Scamming is your own fault. Don't trust anybody and you will never get scammed. Really not that hard
Cool... in that event, I would love it if there were some mechanism where one could run to to get some justice....
OK, if you can think of other ways of acting stupid, go you. Scams are obvious if you take more than two seconds to think about it... [:sick:]
You got into a scammer situation with some indivijuls?
https://www.torn.com/old_forums.php?forumID=1&ID=16186015
Need anyone say more? Probably.
Will I? Probably not, unless there's cake.
It doesn't fit the sort of game torn is.
Would you change your name to Daydream then? I mean if Nightmare is you before you decide to turn evil... suits the reverse psychology trait you have. :P
OT: Scammers are jumped up Twatwaffles who have nothing better to do than dupe people out of hard earned dollars!
Having said that it takes two to tango on this subject. Unless your account is taken over and your stuff/cash sent to the other party, everything you choose to send/trade is entirely your own choice.
The victim (so to speak) has to bear some responsibility on this. A Scammer can trick or persuade you to send stuff. But they cannot force you to.