Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Faction Skill Tree Tracker

Started by Detective [1557351] on in API Development.

3 replies · 133 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
6
Authority score
51 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
28 / 100
Engagement score
47 / 100
Detective [1557351]

Hello,

I have created a Faction Skill Tree Tracker. It was created for my faction initially, but I hope other leaders and co-leaders will find good use of it as well.

So, what is this Faction Skill Tree Tracker doing? Well, as short as possible, it shows you progress for reaching next sub-branch in each branch.

Green colored panels are shown when sub-branch is completed.
Blue colored panels are shown when sub-branch is unlocked and when at least one level is bought. They show progress for reaching next sub-branch.
Red colored panels are shown when sub-branch is either locked or unlocked, but not bought. Red colored panels show maximum potential sub-branch that has challenge completed for, or if there's no challenge, maximum sub-branch you can buy with your respect.

Clicking on a panel will show for how many levels have you completed challenges and for how many levels you have enough respect, as well the informations about all levels of that sub-branch in the following order: Name - Ability - Challenge - Respect - Total Respect.

There are also some additional statistics which I hope you will find amusing or at least interesting!

Unfortunately, there is something "bad" that I have to mention. Some of the data is currently not sent via API, so you'll have to manually pick what branch was unlocked in which order, otherwise some data(Respect Requirements) might not work correctly. If this is added some time in the future, I'll update the website as soon as possible, however, for the moment this will have to do. Big thanks to Ched for help with my API requests.

Website is as well hosted on a free hosting server, so some lag is expected here and there because of that, although, for me, website usually loads within 1 second since it uses only one API call.

FSTT will work by default for all leaders and co-leaders, but if you're interested to see it yourself and you do not have have permission, you will have to contact your leader or co-leader to give you the permission(AA).

[image: i.imgur.com]

And of course, probably the most troublsome thing for some players is if I save their data. Well, I do not, and I never will. It would be against my personal moral code to do so.

You will have to enter your API everytime again. I could create user profiles for that, but then I'd have to worry about security of a website, so this is much more simpler for me.

Here are some previews:

[image: i.imgur.com]

[image: i.imgur.com]

[image: i.imgur.com]

Website should also appear as mobile friendly, but everyone will have theirs opinion on this!

Please let me what you think, I'm open for suggestions, however I'm not sure what else can be added, also, please let me know if you find any bugs.



Thank you for reading,

Detective Hector
Mat-Senpai [952164]

might want to put it into "tuts/guide" or "API dev" but looks like a good tool, look forward to see some feedback from people who use it.