I actually don't think 100 is too bad, especially if it merits a developer being involved. Keep in mind, if the limit is set to 50, then a lot more suggestions will be considered, which means more work. There can also possibly be opposing suggestions that go through.
So ultimately, setting the bar high means that it's worth it to enough player to merit a response.
All that being said, it absolutely doesn't matter because as far as I know, Ched and the devs aren't taking suggestions right now. It's likely they won't for another 2-3 years until the current project list is over, such as the new warring system and Drugs/Travel 2.0. Therefore any change will ultimately be futile until we see some interest/response from the devs, committee or Ched.
I get your point however things such as starting races immediately as soon as all racers have entered the race or allowing exchange of multiple sets of plushies at one time are all changes that would make for a better player experience. These suggestions still need more upvotes and by the look of things that'll take a long time.
But you raise a good point, if the devs etc. aren't taking suggestions then I guess this thread is pointless, but once they are taking them the required amount for a response should really change.
Don't get me wrong, I definitely think having more suggestions looked at by the devs is a good idea. I honestly never felt that the 100 bar should be the end all be all. At least committee members should be active in the suggestions forums especially when it comes to small QoL changes that you mentioned.
It's just that even when posts reach 100, they still aren't looked at :(. We should campaign for that to change first :P
You know, now that I give it a second though, I think you have a good case here if we make it 50 votes for small QoL changes, like the sets and race starts.
Given there are things with over 100+ (200, 300...) uprates that have yet to acquire a response...gotta feeling that won't do anything but make more people feel pissed.
Honestly they should start looking at these anyway even without 100 upvotes to bring up ideas for debate. Many quality of life changes get outright ignored because not enough people care.
The sad fact of the matter is if a thread gets over 100 r+ it's often faster to post the topic link in bugs saying it needs a response. Ched doesn't ban for that unless it's changed in the last year.
Yeah, I agree thats why i made the post, saw that most of the suggestions were pretty good and should be implemented regardless of the amount of upvotes, even they were struggling to reach 100, so thought decreasing the amount of upvotes needed for an OFFICIAL response would be the best idea. I was later informed that staff don't really check up on the suggestions that get 100 anyway so yeah lmao
I see what your saying but in my opinion this suggestion is great and it only has 10 up votes in 12 days haha, simply not enough people visit the forums/this section or the amount of people that give a shit that play aren't enough