Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Chat keeps randomly disconnecting

Started by ThtAstronautGuy [1977683] Moderator on in Bugs & Issues.

22 replies · 132 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 23 / 23 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
23
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
36 / 100
Story score
47 / 100
Engagement score
62 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

ThtAstronautGuy [1977683] Moderator Official

I keep getting an error where the chat will disconnect for up to 10 seconds, and then it will reconnect like normal. I have no problems with my network connection, and everything is stable. I asked in faction chat if anyone else was having a problem with this, and 5 people immediately chimed in saying they were.

As well, I have only seen this happen on faction chat, as I do not keep any of the other chats open.

I'm using the latest version of chrome on Windows 10, and i can ask the others what they use as well if you would like.

[image: i.imgur.com]
DyeusPhater [2048549]

using Chrome and using firefox on windows 8.1 home.
Using firefox and chrome on windows 10
And same issue using Ubuntu 12.04 with firefox.
Rayvon [2019500]

Same .. Since around the time of the fixes after the DDoS roughly ..

Chrome and Explorer on Windows 10 on the desktop; Chrome and Explorer on Windows 8 on the laptop ..
Zziox [1022655]

only been the last few days ive noticed it, very random on when it happens too.

page refresh usually sorts it out though for me
Hinotori [1996403]

This has been happening to me for a while (can't remember when it started) on a bunch of devices:

Win7 Chrome

Win8.1 Chrome

Win8.1 Firefox

ChromeOS Chrome

A lot of times it can be fixed just by refreshing.
Rayvon [2019500]

It's not so much a matter of "doing anything" to reproduce the issue, it's more a matter of just watching ... It just happens ..

I know others in my faction have experienced this too and mentioned it in our faction chat ..