Got bountied, but did not receive a notification for it in events.
Bounty notification
Started by Inkhart [1710822] on in Bugs & Issues.
About this thread
Posts archived: 15 / 15 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 15
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 4
- Likes on archived posts
- 4
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 5
- Authority score
- 60 / 100
- Historical score
- 37 / 100
- Story score
- 42 / 100
- Engagement score
- 56 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Chedburn [1] Admin
· 1 likes ·
I'll close this. Let's see if it happens again in the future. It's possible there's an issue with the bounty icon disappearing prematurely, but there's not enough evidence for this yet.
Mentioned in this thread
Got bountied, but did not receive a notification for it in events.
i see no events regarding the bounty, passing to ched. might just be a one-off tho.
My logs show you haven't received a bounty since December '16?
As you can see, that guy is a bit paranoid about me, and bountying me which is fine, - though I think the new bountying system sucks. Would have been much better if he was forced to bounty me 10x
http://i68.tinypic.com/2119hj7.jpg
But in the events, last placed bounties shows 2017/04/093:17:04 PM
While he has been bountying me all throughout. You can also check that on my profile's bounties received stat.
So, no notifications about them.
It is kinda annoying to not have notifications, and then suddenly seeing you are hosped with bounties on.
Also, no flying away/ crimes/gym while being attacked takes a fun element away from the game, imo.
Also from my stats on profiles, you can see my bounties received went up from 74 to 107 between 1st April to 29 April. (all of them are by Testament)
It should be 110, because he put 3 bounties (200k each) - on me yesterday, and that is when I noticed I did not get any bounty notification.
https://www.torn.com/loader.php?sid=attackLog&ID=f2f4d9bae5db202534591dba2c0831e4
So I think something is definitely messed up about the notifications and the stat/count of bounties.
Also - your log is broken I suppose.
Oh, I think I must have been looking at bounties you placed, rather than received.
> last placed bounties shows 2017/04/09
Hmm, I'm looking at your events and see loads more since then. Remember that individual events can now explain the listing of multiple bounties.
24th: has placed 5 bounties on you with rewards of $200,000
23rd: has placed 5 bounties on you with rewards of $200,000
18th: has placed 6 bounties on you with rewards of $130,000
15th: has placed 5 bounties on you with rewards of $135,000
[image: i.gyazo.com]
I'm aware of the multiple bounties received shown in single event.
In fact, I have received the notification of the latest bounty
Testament has placed 2 bounties on you with rewards of $350,000 2017/04/305:58:50 AM
But there definitely have been cases where I did not get any even notification at all. Most notable, the one where I mentioned I got 3 bounties out of the blue (on 28th April I think -- I was chatting with Lily about how surprised I am that he did not place fresh bounties on me; then cheerfully flew to UK or somewhere; and when I landed, I noticed I have 3 bounties on me without being notified in the events). So my total bounty count right now should have been 113, but instead it is shown 110 in my stats. There is something definitely wrong there.
In any case, seems like it is giving notification now. I will inform again if I get the event after he places some more on me again. Thanks.
Mentions: Testament [23159]
Here's all your bounties that were placed. There's no bounties that were placed on the 28th. You must have thought that previously placed bounties were new ones?
[image: i.gyazo.com]
I'm sure I am not mistaken about it.
There were 3 bounties without notification on the 28th. Is it possible that it got lost in some server stuff if the server was being worked on exactly when he put the bounties?
I have received the notification for my latest bounties though. (the current ones and the previous ones). He's trying his best to piss me off by acting like a sore loser after losing the war haha. But yes, I am definitely sure I had 3 bounties on my without receiving any notification.
Testament has placed 5 bounties on you with rewards of $200,000 2017/04/24 10:49:46 AM
Rattis attacked and hospitalized you [view] 2017/04/24 11:27:03 PM
Someone attacked and hospitalized you [view] 2017/04/25 8:55:52 AM
Someone attacked and hospitalized you [view] 2017/04/25 10:17:50 AM
Testament attacked and hospitalized you [view] 2017/04/25 6:04:05 PM
Someone attacked and hospitalized you [view] 2017/04/26 2:06:00 AM
Testament attacked and hospitalized you [view] 2017/04/26 5:10:14 AM
Testament attacked and hospitalized you [view] 2017/04/26 8:52:43 PM
Someone attacked and hospitalized you [view] 2017/04/26 10:16:23 PM
And yet, as I had pasted above, this attack took bounty from me on the 29th and there is no event of new bounty in that space of time -- https://www.torn.com/loader.php?sid=attackLog&ID=f2f4d9bae5db202534591dba2c0831e4
That attack log you shared at the end, that person claimed a bounty that was placed on the 24th. It wasn't a new bounty.
That is strange.
After the barrage of the attacked on the previous days attacks, the sign of bounties from beside my username had disappeared.
How can that be possible and that last attack be a bounty on the 24th? I am fairly certain that when you hosp someone there is not an option of not claiming the bounty. That attack was on the 29th, how can that be the bounty of 24th I cannot figure out.
I'm off to a work trip in a bit, so I might be late in responding next few days. Thanks for looking into this.
The person who placed the bounties on you, also attacked and hospitalized you a few times themselves - they cannot collect their own bounties which I suspect is the issue here?
That is a possibility. But I cannot check that in case of stealth attacks.
And that still doesn't explain the disappearance of the bounty notification from my username (after all, that is how I became convinced that all the bounties on me were taken), unless the change was made recently and there were issues implementing the change (around the 28th) and I got caught up in that change.
I'll close this. Let's see if it happens again in the future. It's possible there's an issue with the bounty icon disappearing prematurely, but there's not enough evidence for this yet.