i was looking through the torn wiki and found that some drug overdoses lower your battle stats, actual value decreases, not the temporary percent passives.
for example,
pcp can decrease your speed by 400 with an overdose
speed can decrease your strength and defense by 6 times your level
so, lets say someone has 10 speed and overdosed on pcp, would their stat be set to 0, -390, or not change at all?
I don't know what would have happened before, but OD's on pcp/speed no longer give a permanent decrease in stats.
And you would have to be very, very low stat for this situation to have come up even back then.
I remember hearing stories about when players would set there stats into the negative which gave them infinite stats. It could be entirely bullshit and never happened but maybe it did
That was corrected by what i was told and now stats cant go into the negative anymore so my guess would be they just have 0 speed but i honestly dont know and my story could be entirely wrong
if someone knows the actually story please let me know and if i was correct go me!
if the ods no longer give permanent decreases, shouldnt the wiki be updated?
I've read that ched has hired someone to do so but as far as im aware users can still update the wiki
Not relevant to the original post, but you can definitely still permanently lose stats from a pcp overdose. I lost 300 speed from overdosing on April 2, 2017 (tornstats and event support this)
The Torn-wiki, as with the real wiki, is user generated. So if no users update content, old stuff will be the only stuff you can find.
From what I have read, Ched did in fact hire someone to overhaul the Wiki - as I read it though, it was more the layout and technicalities of the wiki than the actual content that he was supposed to fix.
So the question is valid, could someone get negative stats
Mentions:
Stat Limit