Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Rice

Started by Xephrost [1992573] on in Food & Cooking.

21 replies · 98 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 22 / 22 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
22
Discussion span
→
Authority score
8 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
42 / 100
Engagement score
55 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Xephrost [1992573]

well henlo friends... wonderful day were having... what do you guys think of rice? what do you eat with meat when there isnt rice?
McDallas [14757]

You must be asian.

Who needs anything to go with protein. Just enjoy your protein.

That being said, I love rice. Coconut rice is my favourite. And I own a rice cooker cause it's so easy.
JSnows [14906]

i'm specially fond of basmati and jasmine rice but i'll use others depending on what i'm cooking ...

alternatives? mainly pasta ... i like pasta a lot too
FellMartyr [2062025]

It's good, but really throws my hypothyroidism into oblivion. I enjoy rice cooked in tomato sauce, peppercorn, cumin, garlic, and hot peppers.

Edit: There is no better pair than meat and rice. Substitutes mean you are settling for less than best.
Daisy3 [730750]

Oh I am so sorry! I down rated the last post by accident just holding my phone!! I'll try to find another to make it up.
Heigw [1962062]

Sorry, I don't really care for rice much but with mexican people in my family I eat it quite often. I do however have opinions and thoughts on your name? Is it supposed to be Midnighter, awesome comic character by the way. Only problem is he's a little... special.... Just look him up! you'll see what I mean! Anyways, was it supposed to be midnighter, it was supposed to be midnight but you accidentally put an e at the end or... something else? Just curious!
Xephrost [1992573]

OH haha I made this username when i was a wee little tot.. i was obsessed with fantasy, putting e at the end of everything to make it all fantasy like... then I learned a new word, Midnight, slapped an e at the end, and ive been using it as a username ever since
Tokig [367758]

mmm rice...

if no rice shiritake noodles or some other form of noodles. Pasta is ok in a pinch and I prefer my potatoes as part of a dish (ex an ingredient in curry) vs as a side)