Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

some people

Started by lststndfftprnc [2053852] on in General Non-related.

21 replies · 206 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 22 / 22 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
22
Discussion span
→
Authority score
35 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
46 / 100
Engagement score
62 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

lststndfftprnc [2053852]

are so obsessed with language and preoccupied with manners (being polite) they dont even listen too what other people say like recently I was talking with a friend on a chatroom about them Asssh*..;lol this was the topic I called the ass a no good... and got remarks for using bad words I said now what should i call him then a gentleman.... point being I wasnt even insulting just giving example now thats not insulting anyone Content and listening rather then trying too impress, show off... lol

anyone in here ever heard off KOBRA art? think movies as Lappat, La Haine....
FIN [527880] Helper

Yeah you did. As polite as they are good at using punctuations.

On Topic.... This is one helll of a confusing thread, im clueless of whats the point of this lol
Champion [1927067]

Champion fired 4 rounds of his Gold Plated AK-47 hitting mirrorzz in the right foot for 289

We are all very polite here in Torn
Wollongong [12833]

Indeed. If you are rude, and unable to use the language properly, many people will just assume the content of your message is just as crap as the wrapping.
So perhaps try to convey your message in a way which more meets the standards of proper communication.
Dagrims [2007550]

Have you ever received those spam emails containing in the body nothing but a bunch of seemingly random sentences strung together for a long paragraph or two?




Louis_de_Pointe [1963196]

Some people do not like bad language / terms like the one you used.

Or maybe it was someone/group the other person liked.

And Kobra art is pretty cool if its what I saw.
manic [1554958]

I put OP's post through Google's translate. Google have just emailed me to say I've broken it...
DrZed [237786]

There are certain words that have certain stigmas. Though in some cases other words that people deem as not so crass can be used. Like you can call someone a jerk or a fool instead which both can mean the word you said wait you said more than call them a donkey. But still there are other terms that can be used.



Though I thought this thread was going to be more in depth on the subject of meanings of words and how certain feelings could be triggered by them. But that does not mean we can not talk about it.



Sometimes when people are called names especially those types of names they get defensive like they are under attack. A lot of it has to do with culture where certain words and phrases hold certain meanings and people are taught that so sometimes they trigger a response to the words and so that is the only thing they pay attention to.



That kind of goes into the problem with keyword mentality, but not exactly. But no it does apply to this a bit. People jump onto certain words and phrases and make whatever is being talked about all about the one thing and not even pay any attention to the rest of it and make assumptions and bring in other things and emotions that go along with the words. Even if it was just a brief mention of something but the main subject is something else they go off on the little detail because they have keyword mentality and certain words trigger certain feelings or emotions or thoughts in them.





It is a bit like talking to a programmed bot. Here is an example years ago back when AOL was still popular but starting to fade a little but there still was a lot of people in the chat boxes there were bots that were sent into the chats to get people to go to a pornographic site link on the bots profile and possibly get their account hacked. Then those hacked accounts were set up to go to the chats and post messages in the chat so that people would go to their profile and click the link. So anyways I would track them down to the chat rooms they were in find them and report them. I would IM them and ask are you a bot to make sure when they were seeming to be programmed with newer messages. Well anyways. There was one which I called an intellabot which at first it tricked my. , but it responded pretty well picking up keywords and making a response to what I said. It fooled me for a bit until I apologized again for calling it a bot and figured out just saying the word bot made it say things along the lines of I am not a bot. So then I kept on IMing it to see the responses it would make. it was funny testing it out I tried different words I said horse and it said no not my, though I have a cousin that does that and give a screen name of someone else. I can not remember if that was an intellabot as well? And on a side note upon what I am actually trying to say is that I said to it why can you not use this for good instead of evil this type of program would make a great interface in a text typing game. Then I never saw another intellabot again. Then shortly after the bots left.



But anyways back on topic is that the keyword mentality is kind of like a computer program where it picks up on what it thinks is the subject. I know it is not exactly the same but it does go into a bit of what you were talking about.



Now people are going to see this and say gah that is too much to read.