Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Proper captcha system

Started by Tony-Soprano [2032230] on in Suggestions.

3 replies · 28 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
1
Authority score
24 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
31 / 100
Engagement score
35 / 100
Tony-Soprano [2032230]

Suggestion: remove current Torn Text captcha (which is the weakest captcha system I've ever seen) and replace it with a proper captcha (re-captcha like).
Also require captcha solving every once in a while for STOCKS , training and attacking

Then to track down bots it would be enough to track people who consistently fail captchas / stop playing / close browser / close connection / change browser / change connection / change page as soon a captcha is encountered
PlatinumDevil [1920420]

If you don't like the Torn Text captcha you can change it to ReCaptcha in your Preferences > General Settings. I don't see much need for it for the stocks area, It already appears at times when going to the gym and it would be too inconvenient for attacking, that could slow down faction wars, bounty collections etc. It would also be troublesome for attack assistances.
Tony-Soprano [2032230]

it's not a fact about to like or to not like.
the problem is in the Torn Text Captcha being to weak against scripts / bots.

what i meant is to request captcha only once every while, not everytime. So I don't see the problems you described.
Also I saw many people complaining and suspecting about stocks bot which auto-buy shares when the prices are good.
Same thing about auto-attack scripts etc.
I once said in trade chat (by mistake) "I suspect people use stocks scripts to automatically buy shares"
guess what? i've been contacted by multiple players saying "Yes you are right" or "I'm searching for one" or "Theese scripts sell for billions because are hard to make" etc