Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Sense 8

Started by paddybhoy1 [1476472] Helper on in TV & Movies.

12 replies · 72 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
13
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
13
Authority score
26 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
53 / 100

Most-liked replies

Kuro [1958127]

I was so disappointed hearing that the show got cancelled. IT WAS AMAZING! Just the idea of it all is epic, you gotta admit. Wish we could petition for a season 3 somehow. I just fell in love with every character although I'm very biased towards Wolfie and Hernando. Who's your favorite character?

#Renewsense8
Lindice [1855058]

I would rather they renew some of the better shows that got cancelled like #marcoPolo even #noOrdinaryFamily was much more interesting for me
Phobos [1982408]

I started watching with a twisted arm if open mind, as my girl was obsessed, and I actually really enjoyed it. Seemed like the perfect show with really broad appeal to anyone willing to give it a go She was/is devastated that it was cancelled(and on Pride).

I kinda saw it coming though tbh; the show was highly ambitious, and although it was really well done, the budget must have been astronomical. Season 1 they shot everything on location. Multiple continents, multiple crews, and all the attendant production costs of having a totally immersed international cast. Everything was high quality, the cinematography, casting, OST even. But In the second season I noticed they shot in more generic locations, used interior locales as much as possible. And that was the beginning of the end.

The show never got as popular as it should have been, which I totally blame on Netflix PR people. The show had a GoT level of money poured into it but it got next to no exposure. Eventually they realized that there wasn't enough interest and they were probably hemorrhaging money. Hence the cancellation. I think maybe it was a bit before it's time as well.

That said I think the show is still in a good place to be un-cancelled/rebooted if there's enough interest. For now though only time will tell.

Overall I'd give the show a 7/10 but even that rating is a reflection of Sense 8's greatest problem... it's almost tragically under-realized potential. The show could have been a 10* but it just doesn't seem like the will was there to see it through.
Phobos [1982408]

Wow, hadn't realized Marco Polo was cancelled too.. I watched the first 2 seasons and the 100 Eyes special and was looking forward to more.
Lindice [1855058]

Ikr!! I couldn't believe it!! I waited a whole year thinking the next season was gonna come out, they really messed up!! T^T