Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Cayman bank vs dividend stocks

Started by Idol [608267] on in Questions & Answers.

13 replies · 236 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 14 / 14 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
14
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
19
Authority score
45 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
60 / 100

Most-liked replies

Idol [608267]

Assuming you have a PI, capped bank, all essential stock blocks (FHC, SYM etc.), what do people do with the rest of their money?

For me I've been wondering if it's worth it to invest in dividend stocks. I remember doing the maths awhile ago and assuming the dividends pay out every 3 months? on average, then the payout is slightly better than the interest you would get from Cayman islands. But this is kind of a gamble, after 100 days my TMI stock hasn't payed out so I was thinking of just selling all my dividend stocks and putting it in Cayman Islands.

or is there a better way to invest? I know some people buy low stock, sell high, rent PI's, start companies etc.

What would you say is the best way to invest your money after you have the basics?
Shorn [1898975]

I don't have any money, but I would say spend it on frivolous things like a gold ak so you can be like champion.
Cryptic [2059197]

Course there is better options to use your money to make more money, but the op was asking for that not the whole cheat sheet we go off of for steady passive income.

Let the op work out the best options, I know I did despite the fact I don't have enough liquid cash to have that problem.
Mat-Senpai [952164]

Ofc but I want OP to know these are options for inactive players, they're poor income methods and if he plans to be active they should be avoided for better roi options :)
Idol [608267]

thanks, thats what i'm asking really. Cayman and dividend stocks are pretty bad income methods, but what would you suggest are the better options at this point? How do you go from 15bil networth to 100bil?
D3ATH- [1499810]

since no one mention anything yet. A tv company or rig.
make around 40m profit per day if u ran well, cost around idk 16 man is around idk 16b (not 100% sure)?

sometimes companies, make way more than those stocks and crapped bank. I am too lazy to calculate to give u exact number but last time i calculate, 10* CLA makes even better than bank (pay itself in around one year) buut u need to find right employees.
For running company you need to be super active at hiring but profit are better than stocks and banks.

you can't over pay. you can't be desperate when running a company.

other thing is do trading.

both need lots of patient and activity.
Mat-Senpai [952164]

Tv companies are a bit more complex than you imagine from education to stock to knowing how to run ratios finding workers etc etc

Most so not make 40m a day profit, 10 man are the best roi too.

If you plan for doing a tv understand it's a lot of effort and you'll need to research a lot.
Cryptic [2059197]

If you do stocks right, it is still possible to earn over 50 million in a single day, it's just a lot harder to do, you need to actively monitor the stock market and keep your stock movements to the chest, as your profit comes from someone else's loss of income. I did it on my former account. I don't have enough liquid cash to bother with the effort it takes to make the money with stocks or I'd do it. I'd venture to say it could be easier than running a company if you know how. Again, keeping how to work the system is part of why I can make money on it else others would start doing it and I'd earn less doing so.
Tony-Soprano [2032230]

yeah except for the fact that stocks could take anywhere between 1 minute to 1 month to sell even if they are rising and by the time they sold you could have made a loss
Cryptic [2059197]

Of course you would say that. Sure it's possible but there are people who still use the stock market. It's just needing the same treatment as if a player with my stats on selling lots of dps in my Bazaar. Watch like a hawk and you can still make the profit. It's stupid to sell stock while you're offline.
FALCON [2014817]

not sure when the last time you sold stocks was, but its not easy at all to try and make money off of it now. most of the time by the time they sell they are for a loss, period. the chedding made stocks shit for anything other than holding benefit blocks