Islam. A very popular name in the 21st century but how much do we understand Islam?
In the world today, there is approximately 1.6 Billion Muslims, They read and follow 1 Book which is Named The Qur`an.
Islam is the 2nd Biggest Religion in the World and the numbers are rising as people read the Qur`an.
The Qur`an was revealed in 610 AD and Muslims believe and say this Book is Impeccable, Faultless and Flawless. If that is the case then surely this is a Book from ALLAH (GOD)? The Omnipotent one? The Creator? The All Knowing?
The First Word of the Quran Revealed by the Prophet was Iqra/Read, So why dont we read into some of the things written in this book which was revealed to The Beloved Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) 1400 Years ago.
http://www.speed-light.info/miracles_of_quran/ //
https://quran.com/ //
http://www.miraclesofthequran.com/scientific_index.html //
2017. We live in a high tech world, with technology reaching outstanding depths, Science is always going to be Improving But 1400 Years ago, A Book was revealed which contains so many facts and miraculous discoveries which even confused and amazed many scientists, so much that some great scientists converted to Islam.
I want to share a bit of my Knowledge As this should be a very important matter for all of us because once we die. That is really the end of the test and judgement day would be results day.
Has anyone here read into Islam? Read the Qur`an? Had any good experience? Been to the Mosque? ETCETC... Share IT xD
At least DonWolfy's threads had substance
Edit: lmao at all the triggered morons still downvoting this post. Don't blow a fuse.
Why dont you elaborate on that?
No. But I've treated soldiers and civilians who have had limbs blown off by IEDs and carbombs planted by adherents to your religion.
I have a few muslim friends i have no issues with islam
Shrugs...I've a few friends been hit by cars....I still drive. Not putting down your experience in any way shape or form. There are always a few ****ing knobs making shit of something and ruining it for everyone else.
Kudos for your work, we'd be worse off without you.
"Islam is the 2nd Biggest Religion in the World and the numbers are rising as people read the Qur`an"
as muslims breed.
ftfy
Not picking on muslims specifically though. I expect lots of christians haven't read any bible. I met a girl in uni, who said she'd 'found god' and become a born again christian. She hadn't read any scripture from any book but joined a church after her experience. I asked her why she took it for granted that she should be a christian and she didn't know.
I live with muslims currently, lived with others before, and only 1 out of 5 has read any of the koran themselves. The others have heard sections quoted at mosque and on those creepy preaching tv channels.
The guy who wrote the quran married a 6 year old yea? Then had sex with said child by the age of 9. Atleast thats my understanding.
So your god Allah spoke to this particular guy over others? Why is that i wonder?
Seems far from a perfect situation right there unless this sort of behavior is acceptable.
Maturity. People Matured early then and God Knows Best and the facts why he chose who he did is all in his life. Read! so you can learn about it. But the proofs in the Quran?? are they not enough?
People matured early is your answer to muhammad marrying a 6 year old and consummating the marriage at the age of 9?
If your god chose this man to be his voice then he chose poorly. I would never give any child tamperer the time of day let alone read his beliefs!
so, Christians never kill people ? wow that's a very peacfull religion, nice, i should convert..
That's the problem. I actually own a Koran, and have read a decent amount of it. What I've read definitely didn't make me want to convert.
Not that the same isn't true for some of the stuff in the Bible, but like you said, a solid portion of Christians haven't read much or any of their own holy book.
Well, they're sure as shit not making a name for themselves by blowing up public places, cutting off heads, stoning people, burning people alive, throwing gay people off of buildings, etc, in the name of their god.
Most religions have fanatics perform atrocities in their name, but you're comparing apples to oranges here, bud.
No but they do appear to have quite a number of pedophiles within the church system. A very unhealthy percentage actually!
Perhaps not blowing shit up but certainly destroying lives and getting away with it.
Having governments and people of authority let them get away with it too which pisses me off.
oh well, if that's what u believe, i got the idea of KellyO wrong, she explained in PMs :P
and i don't really like to talk religion a lot, but if u do believe that, everyone can just scream allahu akber and kill people, would u blame Islam ? i can make something Like ISIS, but just for christians, and start adopting attacks on mUslims, like the recent one in London where a passanger drove over people when getting out from prayers, will that make Christians a bad religion ? i hope u get my point
Pedophilia knows no religious bounds. I don't attribute it to any religion. In my opinion, it is the most heinous and vile crime a person can commit, and it should be punished by death. Regardless of any of the perpetrator's ideological affiliations, they should be treated as a pedophile first and foremost.
This is a debate that I've been doing my best to keep out of, and I really don't want to involve myself further than I already have. The problem here is that all of these atrocities are being committed in the name of Islam. After a certain point, you have to ask yourself why one specific ideology lends itself to so much violence.
and then the common sense tells u to search and learn more, which is why this thread is created for, learning about Islam, then the rest is for you to figure it out :P
If you are ignorant, you will only think negative. Dont over do it guys, Islam does not promote terrorism or else the 1.6billion Muslims in this world would become a terrorist. Also, I am discussing facts with you. The Qur`an holds many facts, some facts which scientists have only discovered recently. Madhatter the fact that you own a Quran is good, but read it and research.
These threads are all the same.
I'm not a Muslim and I don't believe there's any evidence of miracles contained in the Quran. I think the religion is outdated in the same way as any old tradition around the world. Luckily, the vast majority of Muslims don't take things written in the book as a literal way to lead their lives and they are able to live in a modern world. Much in the same way as most Christians.
Yes there is violence in the Quran as there is in the bible. Yes there are violent Muslims, as there are violent Christians or atheists. (And yes, to those guys up there arguing, there are plenty of Christians in Africa doing horrific things to people right now in the modern day. No one has a monopoly on being shitty people.)
My philosophy is pretty much always "if you're not harming others and it's working for you, then knock yourself out."
I have Muslim friends, I have Buddhist friends, I have Christian friends. We discuss the world and our beliefs without hatred. My friends tend to be those who try to understand other people. I'm not a fan of people who just want to make assumptions and tar all with the same brush.