Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Staff

Started by Mat-Senpai [952164] on in General Discussion.

69 replies · 1.07k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 70 / 70 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

LDP [1580562]

Rules got changed to Social Guidelines... thing's eased up a bit once Marc left CM and Ched stepped in. The staff haven't changed, in how lenient we act.. just enforce the punishments for the social violations :)
JS_REP [1033180]

Governance in the forum is practically nonexistent today but staff was too strick when I first started playing. For that reason I voted slight improvement in your poll.
dr4gon [1626180]

Easing up was a move in the right direction at that time but it has gone too far.

I guess, we can always blame ched for anything that is not working but imho it should be a moderator's job to point out where the new directives are not working and how they can be improved. But, I understand if someone has already tried it and has failed to convince him.
KarmaCop [365532]

I miss Ol' Federal Prison where you could scroll through and read all the hilarious reasons why people got banned/fedded etc.

Some staff back then had a wicked sense of humour.

Good times. [:laughing:]


flufffy [494285]

Staff is fine, slightly improved since fluffy left.

I miss Sweeney a lot though, the forums are pretty shit now. Threads like this are fine/good, but all the MC and SA_DUDE crap is bollocks, and that's from someone that actually enjoyed Evil-Duck threads. They were funny.
Kingstown [1957679]

Things changed for the worse imo when Marc stepped down and was replaced by Chedburn as CM.

Weird poll btw. Suggesting that people only would vote "much worse" when they were recently banned so did not vote. Never been banned myself. Not even received a warning once and still i think it's much worse on the forums. Outside the forums i have never interacted with staff so no opinion there.

Don't get it anyway why so many people want to interact with staff. Play your game, ignore the random idiots that you will encounter once in a while and there's zero reason to contact staff. Ow and people should learn to read. That would prevent a lot of issues.
Dr_Syk [109543]

Staff are definitely a lot better these days. Back when I was a bit more active in the forums, I got forum banned twice, the first time for "blasphemy" (basically making up stuff similar to Bible quotes to add to smack talk during a war), and the second time for calling someone a twit (not with an a), which apparently is Australian slang. No chance to appeal any of those.

If anything I think staff are too soft (or maybe the rules are too watered down) these days.
Mat-Senpai [952164]

As someone fedded about 5 times, once on irc because a staff member asked if I was clansy and I said yes thinking it was a joke (what a fun 2 weeks of fed) - I think the idea that staff could be "much worse" is literally impossible and this the poll options

I'm guessing you weren't around back in the day? :o


Chibs [1957100]

2 weeks of fed for that ? complete bullshit....

I got put in fed for 2 weeks for RMT i didnt do it and i stopped donating after that
MachineGunSteve [184119]

Ha ha... you think the forums are a cesspit full of trolls now? Lol... the forums are a dry, sad, husk of the cesspit they once were. Far less fun now.

I still feel that there should be an 18 and over section, where ANYTHING GOES... it used to be NR, but now... *yawn*.

On the topic of staff... I usually don't encounter them, because I know how to get my point across without crossing the line... generally speaking ;-)