I Suggest adding an EXP bar, it's been bugging me for a while because I was thinking, when am I going to rank up! If you could add this it would be awesome.
XP Bar.
Started by Klitz [2068279] on in Suggestions.
About this thread
Posts archived: 15 / 15 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 15
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 9
- Likes on archived posts
- 13
- Authority score
- 42 / 100
- Historical score
- 19 / 100
- Story score
- 41 / 100
- Engagement score
- 53 / 100
I Suggest adding an EXP bar, it's been bugging me for a while because I was thinking, when am I going to rank up! If you could add this it would be awesome.
Not having one is one of Torn's USPs. Nope.
Oh, didn't know
Technically you can find out how far you are from the next level by travelling to China and pay the fortune teller.
You do need to be at least level 15 to travel though.
I think it will be a good feature to add as a option for new players.
something to help motivate them until they reach level 15 and able to go to fortune teller.
being able to see live tracking of progress will surely keep new players interested in the game until its too late and their addicted
I agree with this idea over the original suggestion. I've heard a lot of horror stories of new players completely not understanding how progress works in this game and maybe this would be a little helping hand for those, it could help Torn keep more new players. At least for a while.
And as well it would match how a lot of other games work, so maybe encouraging people to stay further
The point isn't to match how other games work.
A major part of the appeal of the game is figuring it out... at least it is for me, William Shatner.
Sorry to be late as usual, and I do understand the OP misspoke....but
Experience gained doesn't directly cause Rank increases.
A heads up I'm against adding
There are different gameplay mechanics that differentiates torn from other games, however experience bars, I believe is expected and appreciated in games
I agree with the 'until you can travel' idea. If new players are completely clueless on how the progression works and what gives the most XP etc. then it will help a great deal if they can add an experience bar, in my opinion.
The next inevitable suggestion would be "keep the exp bar after level 15" - nothing messes with a newbie's sense of entitlement more than having something taken away.
Perhaps an alternative would be to have an "advisor" or "guide" in torn city for new players up to a specific age (similar to the fortune teller) that a newbie can visit / pay to see their level progress.
^ agreed
even if that is the case, there is no harm done.
as long as it does not provide a gream breaking advantage, I would suggest ched to add as many extra features as possible.
when i started the game i was completely clueless. At a first glance it can seem a bit confusing.
we need new legit players to join and help increase the player base. This is healthy for the game to obtain extra funds for updates ect.