Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Loan Shark

Started by MrVillain [618400] on in Achievements.

1 replies · 287 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 2 / 2 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
2
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
2
Authority score
49 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
34 / 100
Engagement score
45 / 100
MrVillain [618400]

Normally I wouldn't post this as an achievement, but the way I got this merit was odd enough that I figured I'd share.

Last week, I decided I wanted to try and get this merit. I figured it would take a couple months of maxing the loan and making the payments, which isn't too expensive.

Important info:

This was my first loan with Duke (as far as I remember, it'd have to have been a tiny loan years ago if I'd ever had one).

My starting max loan amount was 2m (due to TV company special I think).



I took out the 2m loan and paid the first week's fees immediately. The next day, I checked in and Duke said I could now have a loan of 2.25m. I took out the additional 250k and paid the fees again. Today, about one week later, I got the merit. That was it.

I've heard of it taking people a while, so I have no idea what made the difference for me (maybe TV special helped?) But for those without this merit, do not fear, there is hope, maybe Duke will give you a merit for a total of 150k in fees?
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

TV special increases credit rating (which the merit is for) so that's probably the reason.

Nice achievement though as it _can_ be an annoying achievement to get.