Hello,
I think my account is having a problem. When I try to acess the page Preferences, my browser stop working.
I've already tryied with google chrome and with microsoft edge, same problem happens.
I've already tryied with other devices, and same problem happens.
My browsers in all my devices are up to date.
It already happen for a long time, but recently I received this message.
"
Your account is at risk of being taken over until your Security Settings are updated. Please enable two-factor authentication with a mobile phone number to drastically improve account security."And everytime I click on security settings my browser stop working.
Passing to Chedburn for replication.
this issue has occurred in past and was due to the content of the profile-sig. i can remove the content and send you a copy of it to you?
It;s their profile signature, it needs clearing. No-one's able to replicate it because not enough information is available. :/
I am not sure if it will help, but there appears to be a load of hidden tab chars, and an end of line char in the OPs profile signature, these seem to get automatically cleared now - maybe this is the cause?
That's what happen
http://prntscr.com/ft91gzI think it happen since this tab was implemented
http://prntscr.com/ft91w3A long time ago, before this tabs were implemented I remember the preferences page worked.
Sorry for my english, I am brazilian.
Rated I dont know what do you mean by saying you want remove the content and send me a copy of it. If you're talking about other way to solve this problem of my account being at risk, without using the preferences page, it would be nice.
It is the content you have saved as your profile signature that is causing the browser to crash, he will be able to clear that for you, and mail you a copy of it to you. You will then be able to access Preferences again.
I've mailed you a copy of your profile.
Check and see if you still have any issues.
Issue resolved.
Will leave ticket open for Xepa4ep if he has anything to add.
It really would be nice if there could be a permanent fix made for these issues, so staff wouldn't need to go through the trouble of clearing profile signatures...
Yep!
It may be one of those things that isn't solved until the new editor comes out though.
I know several attempts have been made to replicate it by logging onto the accounts and we are unable to do so to my current knowledge. There were no special characters at the end of the profile or anything else that looked untoward.
Well, if you look at the personal stats of the 2 users that have had this issue recently (5 years view), it suggests they've both not had much activity at all, so chances are, they have not updated, or even opened Preferences since RESPO - which leads me to believe, the way their profile was formatted back then has caused this issue to occur. I even looked at the user activity of someone else I remember having this issue too, and has not had much activity either (their activity increased around the time of their bug report...). I do hope Xepa4ep finds a way to resolve this! (hopefully with the new editor, which I am really looking forward to!)
Hi, I am having the same problem and I think it is due to my signature. I have also had low/no activity for the last few years but trying to back into the game only I can't change my password from the one torn issued me with recently.
I've cleared your signature and sent you a link to it.
See if it works for you now.
Yes, that has now worked. Thank you
Hey staff members, I am having this issue as well. I can't remember that I have anything funny in my sig though. Can you check from your side please?
Cleared, sent you the text.
Please start your own report in the future so that you can get the alerts.
Thank you, works perfectly. I will create my own report next time, apologies.