29 replies · 232 views · thread synced · 5 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:30 / 30 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
30
Discussion span
→
Authority score
43 / 100
Historical score
33 / 100
Story score
58 / 100
Engagement score
65 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
I was thinking that it would be nice to be able to purchase a garage for properties say on the Villa and or make if available for those who have purchased the Racing License. If it is a part of the property upgrades it could be similar to the Pool or Shooting range upgrade both cost and happiness increase. Or It could also be something purchased with points like the Display case or Bazaar. The garage would allow you to place any car in your garage for anyone to see like the Display case. If someone races there could be a banner for their racing information such as Driver Skill, Races Won, Races Entered, and Total points earned.
Small Garage: Cost - 50,000 Happiness - 100 (+5 per driver class) First Available on: Semi-Detached House
Medium Garage: Cost - 150,000 Happiness - 125 (+10 per driver class) First Available on: Villa
Large garage - Cost - 300,000 Happiness - 150 (+15 per driver class) First Available on: Palace
Three different sizes of garages, gradually becoming available as the property gets more expensive.
Basic garage starting from semi - detached houses.
Medium garage starting from say villa.
Large garage starting from Ranch.
Add the ability to rent a larger garage if your property doesn't meet the requirements so you're still able to race.
Make it so the amount of cars you can own is tied to the size of the garage. Basic garage can hold two cars, Medium garage can hold 10 cars, Large garage can hold as many as you want.
Just quickly throwing some numbers together, as I think racing does need an update, but I think it might be fun to link your property to your ability to race.
@AshleyT - I agree that it shouldn't be removed from the garage to race.
@ Harley - Good idea with the different sizes of garages. I am working on fine tuning details for the garage, and was thinking about also having a correlation with the garage's impact on happiness with the driver class. The higher the drivers class it will increase the happiness impact of the garage.
1) I think they should be reserved for the later properties, especially if they're giving the happiness boosts you've listed. You have the Small Garage giving 100 happy (+5 per driver class), and being available starting with the Semi-Detached House. A fully-upgraded SDH has a happy bar of 275. It wouldn't make much sense to have this sort of upgrade give that substantial of an increase. The happiness increase could be reduced (or based on a percentage rather than a fixed figure), but I think it'd be easier to just restrict availability to the later properties. Perhaps something more like this:
- Small Garage: available starting with the Villa
- Medium Garage: available starting with the Mansion
- Large Garage: available starting with the Palace
2) The upgrade costs need to be higher. 50k/150k/300k for 100/125/150 happiness (respectively) is low, especially if these upgrades come with the added benefit of functioning as displays for cars. I'm thinking it'd be more reasonable to have them priced at 1m/5m/10m (if not more). Compared to other property upgrades, these costs definitely seem high, but I think they'd be worth that price.
3) Rather than only being able to display just one car, I think the different tiers should offer more spots
Very true. I didn't really look at the max happiness for the earlier properties, and how much it would impact them. True the upgrade costs might be on the low side, but it is something that can be adjusted. I appreciate the feedback :D