Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Security panel

Started by Zziox [1022655] on in Bugs & Issues.

23 replies · 165 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 24 / 24 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
24
Discussion span
→
Authority score
36 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
42 / 100
Engagement score
58 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Zziox [1022655]

The IP address you're currently on has not frequently been used by this account in the past. To access your security panel please login to your account on one of your regular devices or networks.



I have this message when accessing my security settings... this is the same computer ive used for Torn over the last 4-5 years. I do have a dynamic IP address though so is this causing the issue?


Zziox [1022655]

well yeah more than likely as ill get one assigned to me on a weekly basis (not sure that it is weekly, could be 48h)

you mean to log on to Torn?

+ I've never had this issue before and always had a dynamic IP address
Philistine [475622]

Do you have the extra account protection turned on currently?

Everything should route through your device id now, not your IP address.
saeed [1826888]

either way, this 2fa system sucks

SMS is late or doesn't happen, I CONSTANTLY have to type in a code even though I use literally 3 devices, when i type in the code it takes 45 seconds for it to verify on the site.



All of this is your cache on blah blah blah is the standard "we dont know what went wrong" approach. It sucks that we have to deal with so much BS just for us to *think* our account is secure.

'

such is life, /rant :p



edit: on topic, i had this on my laptop - i just had to log in on my pc and for some reason when i logged back into my laptop i could get in the panel.


Philistine [475622]

You realize you don't have to the use the system if you're willing to take on the responsibility for ensuring your account is secure, correct?
Zziox [1022655]

yes I do, cant remember what aspects of it are on though, hence why I was going to look.

device ID? so MAC address?
saeed [1826888]

he was referring to me xD

and yes, phil, i do...hence why i said with so much BS just for us to *think* our account is secure.
Philistine [475622]

Yes, it follows the device now instead of the IP address. That is more secure.

You can try the account recovery system if you like, that will disable everything and you can start over and try to add all your security questions again.
Zziox [1022655]

if it actually followed the MAC address then this issue wouldn't be here in the first place as this is the computer I used to add the extra security anyway.

I haven't changed my motherboard so MAC address couldnt have changed.
Philistine [475622]

Cookies on the device is what it is now I believe, the developer who runs 2fa posted about that a few weeks ago when it upgraded from IP.
Philistine [475622]

Has this been occurring since the new features came out or is this within the last couple days?

What browser are you using? (If this happens every time) did you double check to make sure your browser doesn't clear cookies at all in any automated form?

If the issue still persists after this we will have a developer dig into your account.
Zziox [1022655]

not a clue, I set it up and just wanted to have a look at it today aha

Firefox and no it doesn't.

meh, its not essential for me tbh, its set up so
Erindell [1725010]

This is the security panel. Here you'll be able to manage two factor authentication, add a mobile phone number and set your date of birth and security question. We highly recommend you keep this information up to date in order to ensure the security of your account, and the ability to recover it if you should ever lose access.

The IP address you're currently on has not frequently been used by this account in the past. To access your security panel please login to your account on one of your regular devices or networks.

Been using laptop for ages now. Old PC was thrown out last year so no way I can go back and log onto that, what can I do to sort my account or do I just loose it after all this time,.