Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Staff please explain

Started by Capel [1862198] on in General Discussion.

87 replies · 1.52k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 88 / 88 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
88
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
30 / 100
Story score
65 / 100
Engagement score
80 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Capel [1862198]

I went through some of the graved threads and seen one about memes graved pretty quickly. My question is why is MarlonBrando allowed to constantly use them or _Dude constantly allowed to make terrible threads and posts without any real content and rarely be graved in turn?

My request would be for you guys to moderate the forums more often and for the love of God get rid of a lot of these pointless threads.
LDP [1580562]

It provides no discussion at all, with absolutely zero quality. Marlon's posts provide discussion, the community gets involved and it brings a good, all-round thread.

Staff treat everyone as fair as they can!
Capel [1862198]

Actually most of Marlon's posts don't provide discussion. He mainly flames factions with several sub factions and even bashes staff if they don't jump right away at his whining. Therefore my proposed question to you. I know that I'm coming across as a dick for posting this in General Discussion but I think it's easier to answer once in public than many times in private with some people only giving only part of your answers.
CatHead [1581564]

Dude and Marlon don't add to the forums at all. It's like saying that people who write their names on ancient artifacts are adding to them. Technically, perhaps you're right, they have "added" to them but in an overwhelmingly negative way.

They get away with it because staff are desensitized to their bullshit. If they do something slightly less shit than normal it feels like it's a masterpiece.

If a newb posted the same wank that they posted, it would be graved and they would be forum banned.
MaxHeadRoom [1429645]

ched wants more drama, he seems to think its good for the game.

all hes actually achieving is to drive ppl away from the forums and chats and into offsite chat areas where theres more effective policing.

There already a lot of ppl that now only log in to discord or other offsite chatareas and dont bother with torn and thus let their subs lapse.
JustJanet [911066]

Most of the time I don't open Dude's posts. If I do it's because I've followed someone from my friend's list to the thread via the links on the main page. Sometimes I'm compelled to respond. What that tells me is that they do have an audience and people do read their posts. Sometimes it really is just nonsense but sometimes someone comes along and saves it for them by giving the thread something to talk about. I find the countless threads complaining about their threads just as tedious, but I sometimes respond to comments found on those threads too.
ToxicMonkeyMZC [712861]

From the sheer volume of shitposting in GD I think it probably would warrant its own forum sub-section.

It could be called 'Shitposting' and all the shitposts could get moved there and maybe more people would use GD for actual discussion.
Butters [34298]

The bit about Marlon's shitposting efforts "providing discussion" is bullshit and you know it.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if you felt a sudden urge to sit down under the shower and scrub madly for a week trying to make that dirty feeling go away after writing that...