Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

John Mccain

Started by Hades [1728299] on in Politics & Law.

55 replies · 360 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 56 / 56 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
56
Discussion span
→
Authority score
25 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
43 / 100
Engagement score
70 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

MachineGunSteve [184119]

Mccain was a good guy. He simply overstayed his welcome. He should have retired a few years back.

I hope he recovers, because cancer sucks for everyone.
SporkMonkey [2065017]

I'm not a fan of the guy as of recent years, but I do wish him well. He served his country proudly, stood in the gap that only a small percentage are willing to do, and continued his service as a senator. Good or bad, he stood when few others would. I'm hoping he recovers, but he definitely needs to retire.
Louis_de_Pointe [1963196]

He survived as a POW in Vietnam that alone gives the guy my respect.

He has shown like others who have been in similar situations that no matter what the body goes through it can still go on and succeed.

Hope he gets through this.
David [132845]

I thought he had brain cancer for decades (or was it dementia?)... Any day he spends outside of Senate is a boon for the world and the human race.

I'll pray... for the tumor's well-being!
jump792 [1967039]

If he has a tumor there is nothing saying as to how long he has had that...since it's in the brain and was above the eye, that would seem to imply it was growing in the frontal lobe, which is pretty much where being moral and memories generally are stored...suffice to say, that might be why he was who he was.
CatHead [1581564]

My grandma suffered a stroke when she was about 40. Physically she was fine, mentally she became awful. She was racist beyond "funny old lady racism", paranoid, hateful to everyone around her. She would hurt us as children just as punishment for saying the wrong thing or not looking tidy by scratching us or burning us with cigarettes.

She was like this because her brain was affected by the stroke. Before that, by all accounts, she was quite nice.

It's unfortunate for her (and those who loved her) but the fact that an illness changed who she was didn't change the fact that she was a terrible person for half her life. I pity her now in hindsight and I wish I'd known her before she was ill but I didn't. I just knew her as a knobhead.
daub [1869454]

First time I've heard someone describe their gran as a knobhead. Mum's, dads, siblings, pets. But not gran lol. She really burn you with ciggies? That's ****ed Catty. If you go loco overnight here, we'll know why.
CatHead [1581564]

Haha, she was a right knobhead though.

She never burnt me to be fair, I refused to stay with her. She burnt my sister a couple of times.

I don't know, I'm probably exaggerating how bad she was but in my mind she's kind of a Disney villain.

@Stylin, nah it was proper racism. She just didn't like people who weren't white. Wouldn't sit next to them. Wouldn't allow them to work with her. Would call them names openly. The kind of racism even you couldn't pretend was benign. :P
MachineGunSteve [184119]

I have always liked Mccain, tbh. I think he probably overstayed his welcome, but then again it did allow him to make a very important speech, so maybe not. I have not always agreed with everything he said or did, and though I did not vote for him because I thought he made a huge mistake selecting that ridiculous harpy Palin, I felt Mccain had the best interests of the nation at heart, which for me is far more important than winning each and every initiative and issue. And I feel he is exactly right with his assessment of what is wrong with congress/government these days. In a nation that is split on the issues the only way to get anything done is through compromise. Compromise does not mean that everyone is happy. It means that people agree to put aside at least some of their differences and work to make things better as much as possible. I am not in favor of single payer, but at this point it is seeming like the best compromise, because whether it was his intention all along to destroy healthcare in the USA, Obama seemingly did just that, and now it needs fixing, and the only way to fix it is compromise, and Mccain pointed that out very well imho.
Tolshortte [648554]

its not the only way to fix it lol.

step one, revert back to the laws pre ACA

step two, reinstate the laws that say you have to insure someone and you cant drop them.

we are already mostly fixed.

step three, initiate REAL reform and enforce price gouging laws on the medical industry. the biggest problem with the industry is its costs. these have INSANE profit margins. its not really a free market when your choices are limited by state, county, city, etc.

step four, stop protecting the insurance providers lol. the ACA protects them more than it does citizens with the coverages that have to be included. a married couple who have both hysterectomies and vasectomies should be paying for contraceptive coverage ffs. this is just one of the many oversights with how the law is written.

the ACA was always designed to fail. what has happened was predicted when it was proposed. they said it would fail, they said theyd offer single payer, and low and behold morons want to support it because its better than the ACA. if anything we should all be outraged by this not looking for compromise, not this time.

I'm actually quite shocked you would support such an approach MSG. honestly. what has transpired is so transparent its painful to see people blind to it or submit to it.

my faith in humanity just lost major points.