Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Computer Science Bachelor Improvement

Started by Kamical [2046182] on in Suggestions.

33 replies · 300 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 34 / 34 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
34
Discussion span
→
Authority score
29 / 100
Historical score
29 / 100
Story score
49 / 100
Engagement score
66 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Kamical [2046182]

The current reward is kind of lackluster, and a similar effect can be achieved by sending an item or money anonymously.

I'd like to suggest that the CS Bachelor adds another perk that allows you to hide your online status when desired.

Feedback is always appreciated.



Edit - Alternate improvement; instead of hiding online status, expanded abilities while traveling and owning a laptop, such as being able to view property listings, job listings, and faction/company information.





jump792 [1967039]

Yes, this would be amazing. **** with your friends, keep people guessing, and more!

But I think it could be improved: Make it so you can select what your online status is (online, offline, or idle) from the settings menu as well as being totally truthful by turning it off.
Stylin [1474127]

I think this would make wars harder.. if the person gets a stealth and has this ability to appear offline.. it will be very hard to get retals unless you are extremely lucky and hit the right guy..

im not sure about this!


jump792 [1967039]

Well they are stealths, so the chances of retaliating against the right person can be tricky if the best tactic is chaining (many people online at one time, many people who could have done it). This isn't factoring the issue of warring many factions where it could be anyone anyways. The chances are already improbable to get it via searching, so it doesn't seem to matter all that much given it's low chances in most factions.
Stylin [1474127]

i can vision it now the faction messages in all warring factions saying " EVERYONE APPEAR OFFLINE"

now at least we know who are online and whos offline.. with this everyone would just be offline.



** also i think with this new strategy of everyone being ninjas by appearing offline it would also kill some of the banter that happens in the war threads, because people are wanting to hide their online status they wont post.




Jim-Gyp [1924816]

Worst idea ever.

Should unlock some kind of Black Market site. Like the sports shop unlock, but with certain items maybe similar to mission points.
daub [1869454]

would never happen but id theft for one action would be funny. eg send one mail as another player, make one attack, one forum post, one scam, sell an item etc.
jump792 [1967039]

Honestly the more I think about it the more it seems like a game changer. Sellers would start using it to be "online" when they're not to avoid being caught, muggers would avoid being on, stalking players would be a new career path, and more! The issue being someone starts a chat with someone who's "online". It might be wise that this has a means to counter it i.e. a company perk that can remove its power or something.
Kamical [2046182]

There's are always downsides to it, as someone that trades a lot I may lose a good bit of money because customers believe I'm offline. But that goes along with the theme of torn anyways. Many of us have a debuff from popping xanax as we speak or experienced a horrific OD.


Winged_Cougar [1993598]

I could see this being made a job perk, because it's far too powerful as a permanent perk from education. Maybe a perk in the new security firm? I was kind of guessing that's what "Off the Radar" stood for.
Kamical [2046182]

That's like saying it's illogical that I cant browse property listings via my laptop, in real life I could take a virtual tour and make a down payment all online.


I personally feel that it would be quite useful and add another element to the game, but I appreciate you sharing your opinion.
Kamical [2046182]

This is what I was going for, a drop down selection menu or something of that nature.

From the feedback I've received maybe the ability should have a set time period that it lasts and a cool down to prevent people from appearing offline permanently. What would you guys think of that?