Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Austin Powers was 20 years ago...

Started by 0ffline [1822187] on in TV & Movies.

7 replies · 41 views · thread synced · 11 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
4
Authority score
7 / 100
Historical score
10 / 100
Story score
27 / 100
Engagement score
44 / 100
Afterlife [1878832]

I'm 44 and I thought it was pretty dumb. Waynes World, Austin Powers, Bill and Ted, everything Jim Carrey .. most of those movies were stupid to me. The 90's was a poor decade for comedy.
aytrh [2065652]

I don't know if i am a millennial or not i'm 19 but i like the Austin Powers movies. I love the first two movies the third is alright but not as good as the other two in my opinion.

I think Waynes World is pretty good as well never seen Bill and Ted but have been told it is a good one.
DrZed [237786]

I was 15 almost 16 at the time it came out. I did not like it then.I did not find it funny at all, nor did I like the next one, I did not watch past that.

Also going with what lightyear said, yeah there were plenty of bad comedies in the 90's. I only went to see The Mask because I overheard someone talking about it before it came out and I guess they had no idea how 3d effects worked or I misheard him because I thought from what they were saying is that he put on a mask and was pulled into the computer world and then it was going to be something interesting and profound like a cross between Tron and M.C. Escher paintings. Where they picked Jim Carey because his face was elasticy and perhaps he could wiggle it like he was been digitized or something like that.Then I was greatly disappointed. I was 13 at the time of that.



Back on topic I do not think I like any movie with Mike Meyers not even the Halloween movies. Well I have not seen them except for the 3rd one which did not have him in it. Oh and the Halloween Water one. (yeah I know not the same guy)
dunmugmeh [538353]

Im 43 i think i have seen most if not all of mike meyers films.

They are funny enough but it isnt difficult at all to find better comedy. I think hes mid ranking if there was a comedy league table.