I have no previous programming experience and have just started learning C#. I have been following training videos on virtual academy which is OK but does anyone know some good sites for further training?
C#
Started by Bandit-650 [368967] on in Technology.
About this thread
Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 8
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 6
- Likes on archived posts
- 3
- Authority score
- 7 / 100
- Historical score
- 12 / 100
- Story score
- 27 / 100
- Engagement score
- 45 / 100
I have no previous programming experience and have just started learning C#. I have been following training videos on virtual academy which is OK but does anyone know some good sites for further training?
I don't have any experience of C#, but have you checked out the MSDN help & tutorials - I have found these good in other areas. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/csharp/index
Why learning C# when you can learn Java?? C# ONLY applies to Windows, with java you program for everything including Android
Thank you
I think C# can be used for cross platform development, In visual studio it refers to ios/android/tvOS etc.
You can build desktop, web and cross platform mobile apps with c#. Besides it's not like windows is only used by the minority. He's just starting, he can decide which language he wants to use as his primary when he gains s'more exp whether java or c# or python or javascript or whatever.
I use both c# and Java so I don't have much to add to that
As to learning, I'd suggest trial and error. Decide to make something simple, like a number guessing game, and figure out the logic in your head before coding it. When you eventually get stuck, google what your stuck at
In terms of basics for that, if statements, operators and loops are your bestest friend