Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Beginner... ish

Started by misterFist [1937927] on in Questions & Answers.

5 replies · 142 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
13
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
31 / 100
Engagement score
51 / 100

Most-liked replies

misterFist [1937927]

So right now I'm level 16, but I still haven't gotten the hang of Torn. I used to be a pretty inactive player, logging in once every few weeks to dump more money to invest, attack a few players and workout at the gym. At the moment, I have more time to spare and I'm getting back to this game. However, I still have no idea how to do, I presume, noobie stuff. These are probably really dumb questions, but I haven't found any answers to them.

1. I see people with really high working stats in my opinion (e.g 100K INT). I was wondering if I was doing something wrong, since I'm barely brushing the 20k mark. Right now, I'm just gaining stats through the basic jobs Torn has (Army), and just doing some courses in education. Is that the only way to earn these working stats?

2. Same question for battle stats. I keep going to the gym but I'm earning like 3 points each time. Yet sometimes, I still can't beat a level10.

3. Money. In the beginning, I thought the money I had was alright. Except then I realized when I compared my net worth to other players, mine was just a tiny fraction of what they had. The only source of income I'm depending on right now are on crimes, my job (General in the army), bank investments and mugging people.

4. What does happiness do? This is probably the dumbest question there is lol, but I honestly don't know what it does. I've never seen it really dip before.

5. [EDIT] What does marriage do lol. Is just for like merits and awards?

Any helpful comments would be greatly appreciated, thanks! If this thread made you cringe, well, sorry lol.
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

1. The best starter job for work stats would be education, that has a special to gain additional workstats. Though that's still not the best way, the best way would be to join a company and make sure you get trained, you'll get more workstats that way.

2. A good way to train low stats is to stack your energy to 900 (150 natural energy + 3 xanax), once the cooldown on your drugs run out, use 5 eDVD's and an xtc afterwards to boost your happiness, then train your energy. That way your gains will significantly increase, especially on low stats.

3. Try plushie / flower running, that's basically travelling to other countries, buy plushies or flowers, and sell them here for profit. The best destinations usually are the UK or Argentina (at least if you don't want to lose out on energy).

4. As I mentioned in the second answer, happiness increases your gym gains significantly, however it also helps with crime success, but only a very minimal amount.

5. Just for merits & awards. Though you could get a spouse who has a private island, pay the upkeep / rent together. And reap the benefits of living in a private island :)



If you need info on something specific it's always worth checking the tutorial and guides section (be mindful though, there's many guides with just plain wrong information. ) or the wiki (though the search system is broken right now).


rorschach500 [2047151]

I find that there is so much to do in this game that you can't focus on all of it at once. yes you can train and fight and travel everyday but then everything increases slowly. Instead focus on one thing at a time while doing all 3 if that makes sense. For example, if your battle stats are that bad then you need to premium train with some combination of ecstacy, xanax, dvds or other happy boosters. To do so obviously is very expensive and will eat up most of your travel money. establishing some trading partners and perusing the market can offset that, but you have to play more frequently than you have been. So if you choose to work on battle stats your net worth will climb slowly. after a while you can switch and focus more on making money. still train daily, but maybe not the premium

Some people seem to be able to afford to do it all, but I clearly haven't been around long enough to figure out how to do that yet.
Blin [2028034]

as for the happiness, i suggest you rent a Private Island. you'll get more battle stat point per train and it is very crucial toward you gym gain early on. travel using commercial airline several timeand sell it until you can rent 1 PI, with airstrip.(buy flower @ plushies)
Taburisu [295365]

1. Switch job if you want. However, you can trade your army jobpoints for battle stats. If you want to earn more money, get enough man to work at an oil rig.

2. Gym matters. Are you still with the basic gym? The membership may be quite costly, but each gym gives different result. And like Harley said above, boost happiness before train to get maximum gain.

3. Get a job with better pay (thats obvious lol). Keep mugging and trading. Try your luck on finding items might work too since you won't know what you'll get. Anyhow, networth consists of your overall wealth, that include items. So how much you pay and how often you use up your boosters will affect it.

5. Mainly merit and happiness boost from the PI, plus the free travel using the airstrip. But you also can have a friend that will help you with the game.
randalus [1306671]

You are obviously wondering, why some other players of the same age have better stats and more money. This is simply due to the effort they spent in this game. Everything in torn increases faster if you have more. If you have more attacking stats, your trainings will be more effective, if you have more money you can invest it better.

So if you train several times per day and not just once every two weeks, you will improve quickly.

I assume you don't have the money to use all the tipps you got here (renting PI, taking Xanax,...). So just take your time for now and maybe find an older player who is willing to help you.