I'd say go for 50 nerve bar, then do arson to keep it at 50 while doing other ones. When you reach 10k arson just switch to kidnapping mayor to maintain 50 NNB =)
Crimes & Awards - Nobody
Started by Nobody [237547] on in Tutorials & Guides.
Posts archived: 79 / 79 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
I'd say go for 50 nerve bar, then do arson to keep it at 50 while doing other ones. When you reach 10k arson just switch to kidnapping mayor to maintain 50 NNB =)
That makes sense - arson seemed to be the best combo of xp and quick (relatively) merits. Thanks a bunch!
trying to sort some of the images not working properly... some of the links was changed for whatever reason oO
regarding to the Transport Drug crime, do you suggest 25 is the NNB that one can start doing this crime?
>What is CXP?
>I read somewhere saying that it is better to complete the 8medal of Drug Crime, and they said that the recommended NNB is 35~40, if 25 is feasible, I want to do it right now because im at 30NNB, 5 merits in Crime, 30days away from Federal Judge and 200days away from Psychology Degree
can someone answer me, thanks !
I believe the "Terminology" right at the top answer your question:
NNB: Natural Nerve Bar
CXP: Crime Experience, CXP bars represents the level of recommendation, higher is better, but you should not go past your NNB (a high recommendation might be impossible to complete unless you meet the NNB recommendation)
I got the 25 NNB from somewhere, but it's so long I don't really remember anymore. I would recommend doing them based on success rate, if you fail when you do 4, start doing 3 at a time. If you get more than 5% fails regardless, you might want to raise your NNB, and be sure to post feedback here!
Question! Wanted to ask why FBI mainframe over banking mainframe? Thanks!
Alot of older players also seem to say hacking not worth the money, but for a newbie like me (at 35 nnb) who hasn't had my bank maxed yet I was pondering adding that few mil income everday through hacking to max my bank first, then go back on my merry way to max out my nnb, since crimes 2.0 is more speculation than not at the moment? (My only worry is some offhand comment I read about better to have 60 nnb before crime 2.0 comes out)
I probably have FBI over Banking mainframe because of something, perhaps profits divided by failure rates? Took a while to collect various info for this. I know hacking will fail based on number of attempts though, so if you know 2 attempts is safe then why not go with the bigger profit? Can't really remember, but there was probably some reason =)
Crimes 2.0 was originally planned for Respo several years ago I believe, and although we are closer to 2.0 now then we were back then, it's impossible to say if it's getting released within the next 2 years... Torn is also cutting back on the benefits older players has, while increasing the benefit newer players has. I would guess getting 60 NNB will get easier, it is a gamble though. If it get's easier, then you just worry less about dropping from 60NNB, if it get's harder then you made the wrong gamble. Personally I just want to be done with all the shit crimes for the merits so I never need to worry about dropping NNB.
Gr8 thread
Updated, specifically alcohol. Reason can be found here:
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#!p=threads&f=3&t=16029114&b=0&a=0&start=0&to=18207722
Pretty sure the numbers are accurate, although chedburn swings between X.51-X.49 and X.5-X.5, guessing he just got lazy on the repetitive replies.
Mentions: Alcohol Nerve Gain
Great guide thanks
R+
hmm bump
bump
Your calculations appear to be having issues with rounding errors... and more than a few axiom errors.
Also... that 288 "Daily Nerve" thing... what exactly is that based upon? From what I can guess you are expecting people to be playing for twenty four hours a day... which... uh... is a problematic... and uh... one of many assumptions in these calculations that have them go off somewhere weird.
Right now, I cannot R+ plus the guide... as it makes less sense than the source books for Spawn of Fashan.
Edit: I made an error while drunk, because I thought this person made a point. I won't edit a post while drunk in the future xD
But yes, if you have a 40NNB + 40NB from faction and +15 from working in a pub, you have a total of a 95 nerve bar. That means you need to log in every 7.9 hours, well within how much most people play. Logging in when you wake up, in the middle of the day as well as before you go to bed means you have a normal day where you sleep for 8 hours. Not really sure how that's "24/7" when all you need to do is log in 21 times a week for 10 minutes.
As for the calculations you need to know how your success rate is, if you fail 20% you need to add 20% to the number of days in the table. It's not rocket science.
Except for the "drug selling crimes" which you are going to be doing those with a 30NNB to avoid the weird things those do to your percentages at higher levels of crime experience.
Also... people generally do not start with a 40NNB... and even then the max NNB is 60... and I was under the impression the faction upgrade only gave you +30NNB. So that makes those a really weird set of numbers to work with--and yet somehow still quite ideal all the same.
Even further... large charts based upon "ideal" situations are very rarely useful... and well.. those calculations are based upon some rather idealistic type scenarios.
As per the comment of: "As for the calculations you need to know how your success rate is, if you fail 20% you need to add 20% to the number of days in the table. It's not rocket science."... I have no idea where that information would be in the info dump you've given. Is it at the top, is it at the bottom? As it is largely a lot of numbers with no given sense to them until you've read through the post several times--and even then it is poorly organised.
This is without even taking into effect the large amount of naked numbers you have throughout the post.
I agree it is not Rocket Science... that comparison is not even close to apt... but my comparison to Spawn of Fashan, however, is still really accurate. The data is super unorganised, and resembles things I'd jot down in a notebook that would only make sense to me--rather than any kind of real guide. Again... this guide only really works if you read it multiple times, over and over again... and uh... yeah... that does not work.
Updated the drug crimes, and it's safe to do at 35 as well. I'm doing them now. Most of the numbers are based on how the wiki and various other resource pages said, if they contradicted each other I looked for the most viable source and asked around.
Keep in mind that this is more a resource page than a crime guide, instead of looking up 4-5 different pages for the various info, you can just check here. All the factors should be displayed on this resource page, with links to the respective job, education, item market and whatnot.
Edit: Are you certain that drug crimes cannot be done with 25NNB with education and enhancers taken into account?
I can promise you they can be done with a 25NNB - I actually started them with a 20NNB and went up to 25NNB while doing them (I'm obviously still working on them, since I only have about 700 drug deals done).
ETA: I don't think I have any education done that helps with crimes... I do have the enhancer.
ETA2: I also didn't really wisen up to the whole 'safe crimes' thing until just before I started doing drug deals, so a lot of my jailings have been from things other than drug deals, probably about half of them, maybe even more?
Yeah, 25 seems more likely really. It's not like the wiki got the number from thin air. If you had no enhancer I would say the NNB for drug crimes should be 20-35, I guess a min-max NNB range for all crimes would be optimal. Minimum NNB would need to be without any perks at all and 2000 crimes completed, max NNB would be with all perks. It would take years to gather all the numbers, but I'll talk with someone who could make the data collecting a wee bit easier.