Which game do you enjoy more? Which one is harder, in your opinion? More appealing to mass audiences?
About this thread
Posts archived: 20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 20
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 8
- Likes on archived posts
- 2
- Authority score
- 8 / 100
- Historical score
- 12 / 100
- Story score
- 30 / 100
- Engagement score
- 52 / 100
Which game do you enjoy more? Which one is harder, in your opinion? More appealing to mass audiences?
Chess 960, neither are particularly difficult to play, chess has yet to be solved and is difficult to master.
Checkers was solved on Thursday, July 19, 2007 (much like tic tac toe, perfect play from both sides will always end in a draw).
Chess is more appealing to mass audiences with an estimated 600m+ players.
Checkers was solved? Big if true, links appreciated. What is Chess 360?
http://en.chessbase.com/post/500-billion-billion-moves-later-computers-solve-checkers
Chess 960 AKA Fischer Random Chess is actually on torn...I'm in hosp right now, but go to the casino and check the url to games, and swap that url with chess.
"Fischer's goal was to eliminate what he considered the complete dominance of openings preparation in chess today, replacing it with creativity and talent."
Basically it's a variant of chess where the back rows are randomized to allow for more dynamic play which means less pre-planned and memorized strategies and movements. It has 960 variations on starts.
I tried to follow those instructions to play the chess game and it just says "page does not exist" in red text, like it did, but was removed :(
http://www.torn.com/loader.php?sid=chessGame&step=showgames
You just need to bring your own opponent.
Chess is easily harder and more rewarding than Checkers. People do not program computers to beat players at Checkers. Sheep can do that... [:sick:]
That's insane. I like the different variables that back randomized rows would bring to the game.
Are there any chess or checkers gamers out there that also play Torn?
But that's exactly what they did if you read the article.
To the question which one is harder - chess I believe is the generally accepted answer here, it's the one I personally prefer too
IDK about here, but it's a chance to recruit friends into torn with your referral if they like chess.
I would imagine there would have to be many chess gamers here though, especially if it has over 600 m+ gamers
I realize I'm still new to Torn but. How is this the fist I'm hearing of Torn having Chess? Mind blown. What else is down this rabbit hole?? And who wants to play?
It was riddled with bugs and problems. Matches would lag and time out meaning you could lose despite the fact you were winning very often.
It's also extremely open to cheating. People would just have a chess game open on their phone and enter the moves of their opponent, then they'd copy the computer's moves back into Torn.
It was fun and I'd happily play anyone who wants a game just don't expect too much and don't bet too much money on it unless you really trust whoever you are playing.
I learned this. After some digging around and attempts, the sad truth that there is no more Torn chess. Should have read more into it prior to posting i guess. Pretty disappointing .
There's cheating in any wager. Just have to find those who play with morals. Thanks for the response and hope to get a chance to play you in Torn some day.
You can cheat like that in all chess sites.
I even knew one who tried to do it in a simul
Guy was caught and kicked out, and the best part? He was losing even with the phone help :)
Yep, like I said bets to brin your own opponents, of course it has been "removed" but through the link if you really want I think you can still play.
chess 960 is for wimps who cant stand being beaten to a pulp because their opponent knows more theory than they do
Tell that to all the pros playing it now. I think normal is for wimps that can't handle playing without memorizing basic movements.
i will when i see them, with all my contempt