Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Gold AK

Started by Sironyx [2012540] on in General Discussion.

58 replies · 1.24k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 59 / 59 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
59
Discussion span
→
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
30 / 100
Story score
61 / 100
Engagement score
75 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Sironyx [2012540]

Let us assume you were fiddling about in your inventory. You have no purpose in mind but you, by sheer coincidence, discover a glitch that turns your entire inventory into gold AKs. Now after further testing you realize the glitch does nothing but change the appearance of all your items, it has no effect on your networth, does not function as a weapon, and the second it leaves your inventory it reverts back to whatever it was prior.

What do you do with this newfound knowledge?
ChillySpunc [1905415]

**** all because it useless.

There has been bugs in the past where items duplicate in the manner you have suggested, simply make a bug report and go back to your inventory every five minutes to get an eboner looking at the useless, worthless shit in your inventory.
Cesare [955996]

Do you wanna draw out Champion? Because this is how you draw out Champion.

Depending though, in theory I'd probably "gift" them to my friends in trades with junk items. In reality though, probably worth giving staff a heads up as it sounds pretty fed-able
McDallas [14757]

Absolutely nothing. It's only on your side, not on the games side. So you've just visually changed your items. You could go ahead and change them into dandelions or little puppies on your end, but apart from what you get to look at, it means nothing.
Queequeg [1602158]

I was thinking a similar thing the other day. What if all my bottles of beer turned into cans of XMas. Would I drink it as fast as I could or report the bug to a staff member? Yeah I would probably report it to staff.....I want that beer back!
Ninivah [1950421]

I chose option 2 but I'd do option 2 and then 3. I wouldn't scam anyone because there isn't any way to tell that they will be able to see the item as a gold AK but also its against the rules to take advantage of glitches. You might successfully scam a few out of their money but what's the point of being rich if you're in fed?


Stewie [1494547]

Well, firstly you should check that the problem really is a glitch and not just a client-side issue. I.e. Refresh page, clearing browsing data/cache, etc...

Then, if it is still occurring I would suggest bug reporting (including screenshots, etc.).

At least, that's what I would do in this situation...
Winged_Cougar [1993598]

Writing a script that does exactly this is a fairly simple exercise, and probably not even a violation of Torn's rules, since it doesn't affect anything but the appearance of your items for you. What you do with it, as you've described it, depends on how much it bothers you. If it bothers you, report it as a bug. If it doesn't, then there's nothing to do. Carry on, nothing to see here.

As concerns scamming anyone with it, that would fall squarely under the realm of exploiting a known glitch to achieve an unfair advantage over other players. Scamming is legal in Torn, but exploiting glitches to gain an unfair advantage is not.