Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Quintessential Scenery

Started by ParagonPotato [2076973] on in Art & Literature.

4 replies · 39 views · thread synced · 17 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
4
Authority score
6 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
26 / 100
Engagement score
40 / 100
ParagonPotato [2076973]

Helloooo, I just found a new hobby and that is Photomanipulation. This is my first go at it.



For this I just like the idea of a beautiful night sky and made it, I guess. I'm still a newbie in diffentiating the lights as you can see. I still haven't gotten used to what to do with the lighting

[image: img11.deviantart.net]

You can see the water isn't pretty realistic as well *sigh*. I'm still far from being "pro".

I'm shamefully asking for new ideas as my brain has run out of creative juice. I'm also open minded so please, FIRE AWAY
Vladar [1996140]

Is this an actual photo that you are imposing a background onto, or is this whole thing put together, or what? The picture looks dark but otherwise it looks pretty cool.
OlafderGeiger [1998145]

changing the background usually leads to the textures looking a little stiff,
thus they do not fit right in as easily, so here's two tips i wish i found out much sooner:
1. cartoon effects are god. (effects that add a black outlining to contures, on gimp it's called 'cartoon')
it can really help making the whole thing fit together much better, providing a more natural look.

2. if the black outlining isn't you pair of shoes: contrast. contrast can cast miracles. your picture would look much more natural, if you dialed up brightness by a small bit, and contrast by about 2 to 3 times as much, you will immediately see what i mean. (you need the brightness increase, so your picture will not be too dark, i usually keep this 1:3 brightness to contrast increase ratio.)

other than that you are on a great path, and will hopefully have a lot of fun with CG in the future, it's a great hobby.
i personally enjoy taking pictures of forests and changing the colour scheme so the forests are blue. love blue forests.

exhibit A:
[image: www.bilder-upload.eu]
Luzyfer [2067828]

I'm not good at photomanipulation, rather into digital painting (although I'm no pro at that either), so all I can tell you is...practice. Look at tutorials on stuff you're not sure about, and other than that...study already existing works and maybe try to do something similar.

Just experiment a bit with filters, effects and brushes. Btw may I ask, what program are you using and do you have a graphic tablet?