Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

BOOKIE

Started by midget_dance [958460] on in Gambling.

7 replies · 95 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
3
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
54 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
48 / 100
midget_dance [958460]

they need to fix few bookie options especially for rugby



The all blacks vs aussie last week was handicap nz was at -28 ( which 90% of time doesn't happen ) because nz are world champs and haven't lost a game in awhile ( part from lions tour ) but with last game all blacks won 35-29 and week before that was 40+
freakmonger [363963]

I'm confused by your post. Are you saying they need to do better at handicapping the games?

Torn Bookie doesn't do it's own handicapping. They pull their odds/handicaps (spread, Over/Under, etc) from professional bookies like paddypower, etc. So if you're upset that the match was handicapped at -28, you should be complaining to paddypower, not Torn Bookie....

Now if you're saying they should use a different bookie or more bookies to pull their odds/handicaps from, I would agree. But I wouldn't place the blame of a bad handicap onto the Bookie staff. It's not their call on what the spread is.
Hoy [1208641] Officer Officer

I'm open to suggestions. Not once have I received a request apart from when one person requested League State of Origin. I've been the Rugby bookie for five months now and not once has anyone said anything constructive.

I've added every top league game for both League and Union.


As above, I don't create the actual odds I just offer what's available. BUT, there are alternative handicaps that I could have put up if anyone had said anything.


Finally, I offered both a handicapped option and a non-handicap option for the All Blacks game this last week. The odds weren't great, but what am I going to do when one team is so heavily favoured? You said it yourself, they don't lose.
midget_dance [958460]

Where do they get their odds from ? Like professional betting places? ( which each country is diff ) and sometimes the professionals can be wrong with their picks ( outside world )



I think for rugby they should have or suggest win lose then the handicap as another choice
freakmonger [363963]

I just told you where they get their odds from, paddypower (and maybe 1 or 2 other professional bookies, but PP is their main source).

And if you want specific betting options all you have to do is look in the forum for which sport it is and contact the bookie staff member covering that sport. They've always been helpful in adding whatever requests if they can find the odds on PP. Lord knows Joker and Phil have added tons of horse races and baseball games for me.