Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

New Profile UI

Started by -TL- [2066849] on in General Discussion.

61 replies · 759 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 62 / 62 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Stewie [1494547]

Well, it definitely wasn't tested as well as it should have been by the looks of things with the amount of initial bugs I have seen but I believe this is something that was planned a few months ago. Saw it in the bugs forum somewhere...

What really matters is the new functionality of the buttons, which are a huge improvement in my opinion. The icons could have stayed the same. Although it makes sense to just do a complete overhaul so it matches more with the rest of the page.
megalomaniacal [1542618] Committee Committee

i agree that i could use some color. it is pretty sweet that if someone has revives off it will tell you right on their profile.
Pinkie [1886343]

As someone who dislikes change, I don't like this change. I was very attached to those symbols and used to them, I didn't think there was even a need for it. Unlike the update to the chat logs, I can't see this being anymore than a cosmetic change which is vaguely upsetting.

I would like if we could have a setting to use the old symbols perhaps. But thats just me.
Aelius [2029248]

I will go to my grave ever puzzled by the tendency of UI developers to want to change things just for the sake of change. It is baffling to no end.

Stop. Just STOP. There's no REASON to do these things. And on the same day that YouTube changed their UI, too. God, it drives me nuts.
Sky [380980] Committee Committee

I think it was made clear that a lot of changes are for the sake of real time updates. These links will update in real time rather than refreshing the page. Development is good for torn. Not sure why people are whining over this.

This is a terrible thread.
MarlonBrando [1337797]

Any real time efforts to reduce lag and reduce game page load times is great, but lets get to the meat of the upgrades not just the fascia...
MadHatter [486416]

I'll donate real money to anyone willing to dedicate time to creating a user script that reverts them to the old icons.



It must be completely compatible with Torn Stats and DocTorn.
IceBlueFire [776] Officer Officer

Torn Stats already works again ;)

That said, i'm hopeful that the change is good for the future, even though i don't see the need for it right now...
MadHatter [486416]

Awwwww shiiiiiiit :D

Love you guys

Edit: While I love the clean way the info now displays, I really hate having the bar at the top of the profile page. Any way to move it around?