Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Account Security Issue

Started by Dekken [2038132] on in Bugs & Issues.

9 replies · 106 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
2
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
3
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
33 / 100
Story score
38 / 100
Engagement score
50 / 100

Most-liked replies

Dekken [2038132]

Hello! I have two problems:

1 - I'm not receiving the SMS message with the verification code to login on unauthorized devices. I can only access Torn from the two places I did verify first, when I configured my security settings.



2 - I can't acess my security settings with my security question because I can't remember the exact wording I used in the answer.



Can someone hell me out in this? I can send the security answer and an officer could check it. About the first problem, I don't remember if there's an option for restoring your verification number to see if it works out, dunno why I'm not receiving the messages.




Dekken [2038132]

I'll mail it to you. It worked for the first few times I had to get the authentication, but some weeks after, when I went to login in another computer, it didn't work. I tried at some other places, nothing still.
Dekken [2038132]

And now, after reseting my secret answer, it's giving me error again, and I'm sure it's identical to how I typed it before.

I actually tested it when I reset it and it worked, now it doesn't anymore.



Could it be an accentuation issue? It has this character "~", dots and spaces.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

Regarding the SMS messages:

"It looks like the SMS on the 31st was due to a network failure at the local operator's side, they had issues delivering across to the main Brazilian providers during the evening of the 31st and this was resolved by switching to a back up on the 1st. There should be no further issues with live sending to this phone number based on that. The other sample looks to have been successfully delivered though, the provider sent back a successful timestamp for that one. "
Dekken [2038132]

I see, thanks. Didn't receive an event for this post. I'll try to reset my account again and see if creating a secret answer without accentuation will last.



Edit: Your account can't be recovered right now :(
dmitriyz [1990187]

Hello, there had been made some changes with encoding that were causing the issue for some users. This has been fixed. Thanks.
Dekken [2038132]

Thanks! Any new notice with the phone 2FA?



Edit: Indeed, the secret answer is okay now.

Re-did the phone number thing and it sent the code just fine. I'll keep testing to see if the same problem happens again.