Hello, Im being bountied and then hospitalised repeatedly and continually for about 3 days. Is against the rules? I have spent millions keeping up with the bounties. Please message me if you have any questions.
Harassment
Started by EthBallz123 [2068511] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 12 / 12 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 12
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 5
- Likes on archived posts
- 25
- Authority score
- 44 / 100
- Historical score
- 19 / 100
- Story score
- 35 / 100
- Engagement score
- 57 / 100
Most-liked replies
- OlafderGeiger [1998145]
· 9 likes ·
this is not against rules. as a new player: don't draw attention. don't ask for free stuff. don't piss off other players. DON'T RETURN THE BOUNTIES. just ignore it, play your game and hope for whoever's bountying you to forget … - Tyrion [1967379]
· 6 likes ·
I disagree Olaf, just because you're new, doesn't mean you automatically have to bow to the rest. It's you how to deal with the consequences of course, as well as you behave yourself. Simply yielding yourself because others have more …
Hello, Im being bountied and then hospitalised repeatedly and continually for about 3 days. Is against the rules? I have spent millions keeping up with the bounties. Please message me if you have any questions.
this is not against rules.
as a new player: don't draw attention. don't ask for free stuff.
don't piss off other players. DON'T RETURN THE BOUNTIES.
just ignore it, play your game and hope for whoever's bountying you to forget about it or lose interest.
don't feed the troll. if you show the person, that the bounties are affecting you personally,
the bounties will stay. just be quiet about it, and don't draw any more attention.
there is always someone richer, stronger and saltier than you
wow, ok. i was trying to sell a box of tissues at $200,000,000 as a joke, i think thats where it went wrong, i just feel like its unnessary to spend so much money on keeping me in hospital for days.
i don't see the use in it either, but that's how it is.
just lay low, and don't make jokes like that ^^
people usually tend to have billions of dollars here,
so you better not piss off people who are a hundred to a thousand times richer than you.
it'll be fine in a few days. keep calm, don't message whoever's bountying you,
don't return the bounties, and play the game.
You do realize you're in the elimination competition as well, right? That's why you're being continually attacked. Hell, I may have/probably did even attack you at some point (I definitely thought about it).
I disagree Olaf, just because you're new, doesn't mean you automatically have to bow to the rest.
It's you how to deal with the consequences of course, as well as you behave yourself.
Simply yielding yourself because others have more stats, money or any other possible power over you is just bullshit and you know it.
Just be yourself and have common courtesy.
And jokes like OP stated aren't in any way an excuse to trample over someone like that.
That's simply abusing your strength and resources at the expense of a weaker person.
In my book that's just bullying, done by really insecure people.
You can call them out and others like I do now can support a person, or you have to be consent with being a target and cower for the rest of your life.
In the end, what would YOU want?
i just recommended a strategy that definitely works once the bounties are up.
the bounties come at first because of some argument, yes,
but once they are there, it is a very bad idea to make a big fuss about it, as this will only result in satisfying the one who gave the bounties, as he/she now sees that the person they bountied is getting desperate or it might motivate others to start new bounties.
i see that others can help, but i would ask for help inside the faction, rather than openly, where everyone can see.
tho i very much agree: people here are very decent if you show common courtesy, but there are exceptions.
the 'strategy' i recommended is for said exceptions.
edit: i know other strategies work. i fended off mass-bounties about a year ago by weirding the guy out, sending lollipops and beer with nice messages like "have a nice day" or "i like your tie". but being quiet about it is probably something that works the most efficiently
Well I say this, even at young age nobody could intimidate me, even with bounties.
I'll always speak my mind anyways.
And the bounty system does't mean anything anymore after recent changes, however it can hurt new people and deter them from enjoying the game and keep playing.
I personally like to expand our playerbase, instead of being stuck with a rather small club of "Elites".
A good pointer to anyone here is to stay yourself and approach others here as you would in real life in my humble opinion.
That would make life so much easier for all of us, no need for keyboard warriors or extra unnecessary drama.
Being online and with the anonimity that goes along with it to a certain degree, still changes so many people unfortunately.
Certain circlejerking idiots (disclaimer: from different factions) who shall be unnamed because it isn't needed and will show up soon anyways, as fleas hump a dog, is the kind of people and intelligence that we all will be stuck with soon, and those excellent single word replies or well considered memes.
But I digress... lol
Elimination event = perma hosped for new players. It is all about smacking people a lot of fun if you know how to handle your med cool down and stack your targets.
If you don't know how to do it already then learn fast. A longer term strategy is complete all biology courses (intravenous therapy first) and that does a lot to reduce your med cool downs.
A few days being hosped is nothing to worry about but it can dissuade players who are not yet familiar with the game.
The bounty thing is a little over used in my opinion as there are plenty of other ways to smack someone subtly ie $1 bounties made anonymously - it is far more irritating than you would think. Or using happiness hits - can be most irritating when training every train that is not fall happiness = gym gain loss = partial wasted energy.
Anything under 100 bounties shows a lack of sincerity.
1000 + bounties shows commitment.
Huh, I'm always learning more, but that is a totally new one - What exactly is a Happiness Hit? I'm assuming you mean simply when their happiness falls, but the way you described it makes it sound like there's a way for a player to reduce another players' happiness.
If so, I'm all ears :D
Job specials and items to my knowledge.
I have had a few most annoying they can be too.
A bounty / continuous bounties you can prepare for and adapt your training your only concern is the captchas, the happiness hit is far more annoying in my opinion - others may disagree but it comes down to your perspective and style. I just had an OD so now my stat gain is reduced when training - if i was to rehab to get it back to full (which is not cheap) then had another OD or a happiness hit from a player they would have succeeded in damaging my gameplay.
-Yes I am fully aware I gave a weakness of mine away but its been well kept for some time.
The help pages may give you the specific items but I personally found it more interesting reading through the item market itself on various things.
Ahhhhh, I believe I know exactly what you're referring to - I may have used exactly that against someone in the past ;).
Many thanks!
(And yeah, I just Rehabbed for the first time ever the other day - I had basically the smallest possible level of addiction, and it still took a ton of extra money to reduce. I understand now why the people I know who devote themselves solely to trading have no spare cash, ever!)