Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

What Makes Torn FUN?

Started by Edboy [2074786] on in General Discussion.

44 replies · 261 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 45 / 45 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
45
Discussion span
→
Authority score
52 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
55 / 100
Engagement score
66 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Edboy [2074786]

Ok. so i have over a month played and all i can say is that it was fun before reaching level 15. Once I hit level 15 it was nothing but flying, training, and flying n training. At first I didnt mind the flying and training until it hit me. Im literally just flying and training. and if i dont do those two thing then im screwed being in a faction and just screwed in general because you most of your money by flying. I get that this a long term game, but thinking about long term flying and training doesnt seem all that anymore. Only fun i get out of this game is gambling to where i lose all of my money and get mad and want to quit the game altogether. BUT i keep coming back here only to get more upset at the game. Had the patience at first, but I lost it. I definitely give the game an 8/10 but damn man. I cant really explain myself very well. Haha. I was in a good faction when i first started, but i started getting tired of playing the whole flying and training deal only to piss myself off further with the casino. Anyways, tell me what makes torn FUN for you?
MindWar [385128]

Making new friends. making new enemies. all the drama from faction wars and rivalries. special events.

and it doesn't cost you a dime
Wavecrest [1989660]

It's something to do when quiet/bored, honestly. My faction mates are beyond awesome to talk with and there's the little goals everyone sets for themselves.

My first goal was owning my own PI. One I'm working on now is having at least one of each block on the stock market. Tied to that all is getting to the gym that I want. Make your own challenges, you can't go by everyone else. Will I ever be on par with players that have been active for ten years? No, they have a different bar. Set your own and rise to it.

Moving away from challenges though, the fun is really more based on other people, though. There are a lot of different fun forums and games. It's a matter of ignoring the spam and issues to see the better aspects, though.
Edboy [2074786]

faction wars are alright, but i hate the whole having to fly alot so i can happy jump during training time. As far as drama goes, i'd probably get banned and/or bountied to death and i'll just get pissed at myself
Michi [1922819]

Torn, you can choose your path. A lot of people go straight into the power level to 15, stack, train, fly, etc path which is a good start but a lot of people get bored with it and end up up quitting. I'm guilty myself of pushing new players into it because they need to progress for the faction but really it's best to explore the different paths you can take if you aren't to caught up on being the strongest. The game isn't a job you can break the normal routine here and there . Do missions, mug some noobs, find some people to talk to.

When you feel like you've done what you wanted then you go back to a faction later on and see if it's for you. It's what I did and now what keeps me coming back is to keep seeing progress.
Edboy [2074786]

well said wavecrest. My first goal was owning my own PI (without renting it of course) but I gave up on that once i lost a bunch of money in gambling haha. Only challenges I have are gambling related and that usually leads to me becoming pretty aggravated and flipping everybody off
Edboy [2074786]

Yeeaap, i pretty much got bored (quickly) of the whole costant flying mess. I dont mind popping xans and training everyday. I just hate having to freaking fly fly fly to get enough money to get the drugs, edvds, and other stuff just to happy jump and possibly OD then BAM! time wasted.