Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Remove PP from the Competition

Started by Alexis [29052] on in General Discussion.

32 replies · 385 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 33 / 33 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
33
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
34 / 100
Story score
58 / 100
Engagement score
68 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Alexis [29052]

Can you please just delete us so we can go back to normal play? I won't address the gender issue as it has been beaten to death, but as an original female character I am no longer participating because it has turned into an e sink for all PP members. I don't appreciate being unable to play any aspect of the game while at the same time being artificially eliminated. Good luck to all remaining teams! Thanks.
Ilmatar [641520]

Yes please put us at -1 points and have us eliminated today already.
Getting back those dunno 300 attacks times 25e = 7500e would be nice too... not that im really expecting it.
Alexis [29052]

That isn't the case though. I don't mind being beaten into oblivion. It is what I signed up for. It happened last year on PP with our
Ali_Looya [193293]


I am also female and was in PP last year. I was heartbroken to find what had happened to the team this year. For me and many others the competition was ruined before it began and I have not actively taken part (all my hits were due to faction chaining at the very beginning of the comp) as a form of protest.

Ched had a chance to fix it BEFORE the start of the competition but instead - despite being asked to reset multiple times - has chosen to wait until (apparently unfairly) some teams were eliminated and then use an npc to destroy a team that 80% were not a part of corrupting and had no option but to stay in.

23,000 energy spent by Duke so far today just on targeting PP is not in any way a similar situation to PP attacking Pirates so I'm not sure why people are making that comparison.



What those people did was not right but it was legal however much I dislike it.

What Ched is doing is puerile.

Edit: Now 25,000 e spent by Duke
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

Actual fake women you mean?

Duke is only targeting fake women.. If ched wants to be real nasty, he can actually let PP survive for a few rounds all the while Duke sitting on the fakers..

I don't think op will be targeted by Duke though, so you can do your every day chores before hitting the hosp, coz you would have real people hitting you and not some bot..
CatHead [1581564]

This community is just cancer. On the one hand there's all the people who still fail to realize that the comp was impossible for the other teams the way it was. PP were just too good and they were that way because of how the team was structured. Mechanics were bypassed and the team was unbeatable. Yet loads of them were so willing to spit in everyone's faces and call us salty whiners without listening to our points.

And now, after some more bullshit, the roles have been reversed. The unbearably smug have become the whiners and the whiners have become unbearably smug.

If you win because you bypassed mechanics, you don't really win. If you win because some megapowerful bot took out the competition, you don't really win. No one wins this unfortunately, it's a broken competition. Stop being smug as if you've actually done any good.
animelive [1564720]

One could argue the competition which is being taken out should not have existed in the first place. All I can see is bad administrating. The first thing chad should have done was remove and punish the people who tried to game the system. That in itself would have saved us all the drama. But it seems like only the 200 players are being targeted. PP would have survived even after this if they were not incredibly condescending for the first few days.The 800 players would see perma hosp now by the other teams it seems.
Mat-Senpai [952164]

Eh we're still getting 7 tokens, also if you actually want to do anything to ched as SA have shown, just cancel subs lol.
Alexis [29052]

Sorry but can you define karma for me? Maybe I am confused on the definition but i was always under the impression you received karma based on prior actions. What have the majority of PP done wrong?
EKO-Cobra [1952447]

PP targeting pirates is somewhat comparable as we had a illegal team with unbeatable strength sitting on us as we could do nothing like the 204 members of PP are...there are 1000 players and 796 of u can still play and if the 204 dont med out or sth then the rest 796 can take PP to victory like a really random team would have...so not much that can be complained tho...if ur cheaters dont med out then u can win or take out duke
SurferH2O [42164]

I 100% agree.

I am a female player on PP and you have already stolen a ton of E from me and my team and the game is now unplayable.