Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Marriage Commitment Award

Started by Skyte [1646586] on in Bugs & Issues.

12 replies · 153 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
13
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
8
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
4
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
42 / 100
Story score
44 / 100
Engagement score
57 / 100

Most-liked replies

Skyte [1646586]

I have had an issue with the 200 day marriage award, I was married to Comet13009 for 200 days upon which they divorced me to be with their real life wife in game I believe, we agreed upon him waiting until 200 to award us both the merit. When I logged in on day 200 I was already divorced but Comet13009 had received the merit upon logging in that same day so as anybody would he assumed it would be okay to divorce. I have accessed the various menus associated with the award and commitment but unfortunately it has not been triggered and still at the 150 day stage. The only thing I can assume is that due to the fact that I did not log in before he divorced on day 200 the award was not triggered for me, i'm sure i'm not the only person this has happened to if this is the case? I have tried logging in on pc and mobile with various browsers and none of these have triggered the award either. Thank you for any help,

Skyte
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

The honour is triggered per person, only when that person visits the home page after the sufficient duration. If the home page is not viewed beforehand you will not get the honour.

I wonder if we should add the honour checks to the divorce system for both players? That should resolve this issue in future cases?
Skyte [1646586]

That would be helpful I guess, it would prevent situations such as this where one person logs in and sees they have the merit and divorces the other before they have chance to log in.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

Well this is awkward - do you realise there isn't a 200 day marriage honour? It's 250, and you were only married for 200 days.

Regardless, I've added the check to the divorce process.
Multipass [1955315]

It's not an honour at 250 it's a medal. Emerald anniversary. Marriage gives you a merit every 50 days until you get way above 200 days married. Pretty sure that's what OP meant : )
Skyte [1646586]

Yep, there is a 200 day merit for sure and the icon changes from Sapphire to Emerald. Look at my profile, it shows icon> 150 days 3 Sapphire Anniversary and Comet has 200 days 4 Emerald Anniversary.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

Aha, thanks! I've also added this check in for the awards. I'll credit you with the 200 day award (you'll need to view the merits page to get the merit from it.
Skyte [1646586]

Thanks for the help, another bug bites the dust! :D Nice going, I don't know if many people show their gratitude for the work you do but it is much appreciated.