I entered my info for two-factor authentication on Jul-27. Between that date and today, i have been required to check my email for a one time password on 31 different occasions, before logging on. I have never had a problem logging on, prior to registering for two-factor.
I have lived in same city during my torn life and I have only had 2 different ISPs. I do not think that being asked to verify my account that many times is normal.
Have you disabled cookies on your browser? Ensure that your content & browser data settings have their recommended default settings: 'Always clear this when I close the browser' should be turned off, and 'Allow local data to be set' should be turned on. Cookies should be accepted, and kept until they expire.
Are you frequently clearing your browsing history? Each time you delete your browser's cookies, you will be required to complete authentication again.
Are you using private browsing? Using incognito or privacy mode on your browser means your authentication status is lost after each session.
Are you using software to remove temporary browser data? Such programs may be removing your browser cookies, requiring you to authenticate again. Consider adjusting their settings or disabling them.
i have not changed any settings in the last 10 years and i am not using private browsing. the only thing that may trigger authentication is that i frequently clear browser history. if this is the reason, do i have the option of opting out of the 2 factor authentication?
as i understand it, by not registering for 2 factor authentication, there will be no checks for verification but the account has a higher chance of being hacked.
You can turn the 2fa off from the account settings, but if it is compromised we will not return items or cash, you will be at risk of losing everything.
ok, understood and thank you. this issue is resolved.
Closed.