So, I was playing torn, minding own business, being a general special snowflake, when suddenly, I had an idea. Yesterday, I decided to sell out my services by creating excel spreadsheets for money. What I have stumbled upon, good forum stalkers, is the holy grail of torn. I had decided to start out by advertising in chat. Soon, I was getting many, many, offers. Turns out that stuff like this is hot business, and people like having their stuff organized. Just thought I might share this with my fellow torn users. started yesterday, already made about 6 mil. Only at level 9.
Excel
Started by TheMusician [2079201] on in Trading Post.
About this thread
Posts archived: 22 / 22 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 22
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 35 / 100
- Historical score
- 15 / 100
- Story score
- 36 / 100
- Engagement score
- 63 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Beerstein [1322136]
· 3 likes ·
Works great for 1 day. By day 2 everyone shared it with their dog.
So, I was playing torn, minding own business, being a general special snowflake, when suddenly, I had an idea. Yesterday, I decided to sell out my services by creating excel spreadsheets for money. What I have stumbled upon, good forum stalkers, is the holy grail of torn. I had decided to start out by advertising in chat. Soon, I was getting many, many, offers. Turns out that stuff like this is hot business, and people like having their stuff organized. Just thought I might share this with my fellow torn users. started yesterday, already made about 6 mil. Only at level 9.
you do you
Works great for 1 day. By day 2 everyone shared it with their dog.
It was good while it lasted.
Heh I might hire you to improve my gym budget sheet xD
Sure, I could definitely do that. maybe instead of paying me I've heard you make awesome graphic designs for people. Maybe one of those?
I heard her sigs are cheap and affordable
And look really cool.
I thought this kind of activity is illegal?
damn 6mil you're going places
For a new player persistently getting these sums and aggressively investing that money to make money is no joke. Laugh now, but if he goes balls deep he can probably pass your networth in half a year or less. For reference, you've played for 8.
It's not, it's when you sell stuff in game with real money, then it's illegal.
well I made the account about 8 years ago have only really been active for about a year though.
For someone who's level 9 that's a lot.
And you're not wasting energy by selling losses. That's key.
RMT is very shady.
As it is Torn related the spreadsheet I think it is fine.
If he was saying I will like your youtube stuff in return for Torn money or i will mow your garden for Torn money then its the RMT.
My dog is stupid and doesn't know how to use excel. But he is good at peeing on the carpet.
loool mow your garden?
fk yh mow my garden for $600... torn money :D
I kinda get why this was reported... it does seem to fall under RMT, but... it would seem a bit frivolous to ban someone for Excel Spreadsheets, really.
I make my own spreadsheets though, because spreadsheets really do help track where all your money is going, I also created a spreadsheet where I can highlight, copy, and paste part of my company pricing page, and it instantly tells me how much of each stock item to buy.
It is not RMT imo as long as it deals with Torn related spreadsheet