Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

My open letter to Ched on staff abuse.

Started by Champion [1927067] on in General Discussion.

659 replies · 15.2k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 660 / 660 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

BlickyTheRipper [1997379]

You just said yourself "volunteer". They dont have to be staff. So they can choose to NOT join staff if they want to lead a faction.

Every few weeks some information comes up about staff abusing powers. The reason for this is that theres this HUGE conflict of interesting between staf perks and game benefits. In every serious game these things are separated to prevent these issues.




Tyrion [1967379]

Not if the screenshot was changed by that, it would be a genuine screenshot and not altered by photoshop for instance ;)
Cazio [585240]

You already got Ched's verdict, which is entirely justified. By taking this to the forums it's clear that you're attempting to overrule Ched's decision and force his hand but I sincerely doubt you'll get much support, this level of abuse isn't remotely comparable to what we've seen from truly corrupt ex staff members. I've never heard a viable complaint against Stretch so if this is even true then he made a mistake, one which is hardly worth losing a good member of staff over.
Tyrion [1967379]

Back down, staff aren't useless, but I'm interested to see if Champion was right on this occasion and conflict of interest raised by his OP though
-Khaos- [2063067]

This is where your simple mind fails to process things properly. When someone make up lies (whether it be for a joke or to get back at someone) it does indeed damage their reputation.

So IF this is a troll attempt by Champion. Then a ban is most definately needed. Accusing a staff member of abusing their staff priveleges for a joke or a windup will tarnish their reputation.
dr4gon [1626180]

lol.. thanks. I am sure the smart people are standing behind you with their pitchforks. Also, when are you joining AoW?
BlickyTheRipper [1997379]

dunno. Being staff comes with its perks and people tend to look up to you, am sure enough people would pick this over leading a faction.

Also the Staff Faction with all Staff can be fun and a nice way to socially interact with others. Also since this Staff Faction shouldnt be able to war (conflict of interest) it should have all upgrades maxed out. So as a staff member you would be able to progress faster. This is a nice reward for your services as a staff member which might become usefull when you decide to leave staff and be with a normal faction.
Ali_Looya [193293]

Something wrong with your eyesight mate?

"to cover his own ass, Stretch then told Psychotica that Nova was taking screenshots of their conversations and passing them out to a lot of people."

AKA He lied to cover his illicit actions
Midknight [332505]

The economy? **** the intelligence level of players on this game is in a freefall. Please explain or STFU.



As for Champion since I have you blocked. I was the first in 5 years to be fedded and I'll be the last. Save your breath. This stuffs been swept under the rug more times then even you can imagine. If this is true Stretch shouldn't be fedded but possibly removed but if he was removed people would ask, why not fedded? Ched avoids the questions by doing nothing which is fine. Removing me would have been fine, fedding me was retarded. Everyone's asking for logs and screenshots. Did Marc provide any of those for the conversation I so called had? No. Games full of Hypocrites, let it go or shoot them with your gold AK or Sig.
RX8 [1798198]

Honestly, I know what I am talking about and I think you have not been punished hard enough for your crime. That being said, you have been sentenced, you did your time, and there is no need to talk about it anymore. I simply reacted to Champions post, but I have no intention to bring back endless of conversations about you again. I've written enough about it when that topic actually mattered.



It's funny that when people have nothing useful to add, they get personal, like you did with your intelligence comment. Good thing I'm not that much impressed by someone who cheated in a game, it simply shows they have a low level of personality and are capable of doing other low actions as well (like cheating hint hint) and I don't take offense from such people.
Yalom [1973244]

Well, I am not afflicted with Champion or JFA or anyone mentioned there, just a noob player. But I find the idea *very* annoying that a staff member is reading my privat chat out of personal curiosity.