Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

not advancing

Started by Lisa96 [1734478] on in General Discussion.

34 replies · 468 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 35 / 35 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Xeretrax [2039020]

honestly, ive been playing games for 15 years +

in those years i have often search for games like this, but never came across torn before



i have a very strong feeling torn lacks promotion/advertising

it simply does not exist to the outside world
dunmugmeh [538353]

You can find anything you want if you type the right thing into a internet search engine.

I bought this laptop about 10 years ago and know what type of games i like to play and found this game within a few minutes.
Blackjack-x [981452]

It is a good point you bring up

This game great but in it is definitely lacking in recruiting new players.



I think Ched should focus more in advertising, as new players not only help grow the game, they are the prime candidates to spend real money on donator packs.



Without warring this month I am loosing interest slowly as training stats which has no limit can be boring.


dunmugmeh [538353]

Training stats is boring yes. That is the reason why so many who play this game are field mice (tm). You have to do the boring stuff to get good at the game. If you dont you will always be one of the cannon fodder.
Ominos [1962593]

How many of those end up being multis? I'm not being sarcastic or a dick, I've actually been legitimately curious about that for a while now.
paulwratt [2027970]

I agree, I found it by accident in an RPG Browser list.

However, even as a casual player (without multi's) I can see a problem with "the money situation", even at level 3. Probably one of the few reasons I returned after six months was (due to boredom) that I found myself with considerable cash (for level 1) and a lot of points (with which to by more energy). Upon being able to purchase from the Items Market I realized I needed 10x as much (accidentally found though low level dormant accounts).

So Money at least is a double edged sword.

As to the OP, I believe that something in game, "more suburban" maybe, that can help get more "newbies" back on a daily basis, probably with energy rewards. Possibly even something like "trash of the day" (item of the day from the dump) or "teachers pet" (low level crime of the day - pick pocket or below) might be an idea.

Housing customisation would work to a certain degree for both Aged and "newbie" characters. I own 6 different properties but I live in a Caravan cos its cheap. I have never been able to rent any of my other properties.

Inflation is a newbie killer, but not enough for high level players... A seconadary currency of energy for newbies would be great, as there are already user created secondary currencies for higher levels.

I believe that some sort of "low impact" but "high return" daily or bi-daily community integrated "events" would work for both ends of the player base.

BTW I only found this thread because the Wiki is down
Kata [1990396]

Also, now when you search "Torn City" my profile pops up. (or that champion guy - but I've heard he doesn't even have a gold ak).

So I'd say that's pretty good promotion. :)

Smart move, Ched.









For real though, the mobile app will probably bring in an influx of new players if it's done correctly.
Tyrion [1967379]

Wow, can you create some positive threads as well please?

Seems like you only log on here to stir shit Lisa

Why even bother?
Tyrion [1967379]

To be honest, I found this game through a link on an abandoned games thread on a well known conspiracy forum lol

I never heard about Torn before and maybe it should be advertised more indeed
SporkMonkey [2065017]

I just saw one of the travel facts saying there is a new word added to the English language every 19 minutes.

You've become a beautiful statistic.